Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Unbelievable how little some people know. Did you know the JKs have had some of the problems reported on JLs? Go read JK forums and you'll see some people talking about some of the same problems. Visit most vehicle forums and see some of the same issues. Did you know Ford just recalled over 2 MILLION F-150s for fires and transmission issues? Did you know the vast majority of vehicles for all brands have few problems but all brands have some problems? Did you know you should never read forums to decide on buying a vehicle? Most owners that have no problems don't visit forums and they don't report how great their vehicles are.
Sponsored

Jaredhoefsmit

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Unbelievable how little some people know. Did you know the JKs have had some of the problems reported on JLs? Go read JK forums and you'll see some people talking about some of the same problems. Visit most vehicle forums and see some of the same issues. Did you know Ford just recalled over 2 MILLION F-150s for fires and transmission issues? Did you know the vast majority of vehicles for all brands have few problems but all brands have some problems? Did you know you should never read forums to decide on buying a vehicle? Most owners that have no problems don't visit forums and they don't report how great their vehicles are.
I understand. I had a 2010 JKUR built from factory for me; no issues at all. Loved it. It's a different story when you have two kids strapped in 5 point car seats with a vehicle leaking gallons of gas. Scary, no matter what.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
True. But if that dangerous they shouldn't be in it. They'd love to Uber to wherever they need to go.

Jaredhoefsmit

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
True. But if that dangerous they shouldn't be in it. They'd love to Uber to wherever they need to go.
Um They were removed asap. The jeep was towed 2 hours back to the dealer, on my dime. FCA said it was too far...small price to pay for piece of mind.

vlade31

First Name
Yasir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
No car is perfect, thatā€™s obvious. The point is that the number of issues is too and itā€™s a wide range of serious issues. 2018 wrangler had 7 recalls and 1 open investigation for frame weld issues. Even the 2019 has a recall for front track bar separating frame due to welding issues. Source: safercar.gov

Nice job in totally exaggerating the f150 recall, Iā€™m sure it makes you feel better about the Jeep issues.

Sponsored

ZEN357

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT
Occupation
Auto Mechanic
Gas leaking in any vehicle is a very serious issue and these dealerships need to come up with more than, "I can't find the leak" or "A software update fixed you leak." Where the heck are the dealerships finding these mechanics? I would take my Jeep in and kindly explain to them that you aren't leaving until the thing is fixed and you want to see what was wrong with it. Otherwise your next words are "Lawyer!!!!"

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
No car is perfect, thatā€™s obvious. The point is that the number of issues is too and itā€™s a wide range of serious issues. 2018 wrangler had 7 recalls and 1 open investigation for frame weld issues. Even the 2019 has a recall for front track bar separating frame due to welding issues. Source: safercar.gov

Nice job in totally exaggerating the F150 recall, Iā€™m sure it makes you feel better about the Jeep issues.
The 2018 F150 had 8 recalls and how are the news reports of 2 million Ford trucks an exaggeration and you saying the JL recalls being worse isn't an exaggeration. Not one reported accident for the Wrangler steering but actual accidents and fires reported for the 150.

Dbafundo

First Name
Dion
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 rubicon unlimited
I know older thread but my 19 jl rub. Just dumped half a tank of gas in a 45 min drive.

smelt gas but didnā€™t really think any of it ..

then looked at gage and went from almost full to half.?

was like wtf..

stopped at destination and could see spots behind vehicle ..
Looked underneath and already had big puddle.

had towed to dealer ship.

not one where I bought it am out of state..

was looking at previous comments and ya all vehicles haveproblems agreed as me about my 21 Tahoe premier ..šŸ™„šŸ™„šŸ˜

but dumping file is a lawsuit waiting to happen .

professional fire fighter here.

had two kids burn to death in a dodge caravan because of defect in neck/tank hook up..

never wanna see that crap again..
Sponsored