Fuel Filler Discriminator, Ecodiesel

Horsemover

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / 1997 TJ 4.0
Take a look where the jack is stored. Found the black plastic OEM one in a plastic bag tucked in there
Haven’t had a need for it yet but just checked and mine was there too. Thanks for the heads up. 👍🏽
Sponsored

geoexchange

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD, 2018 JLU, 2012 JKU
Ok, I have the funnel that came with the Jeep. My question is, does the auto-shutoff feature work with the funnel and "truck" pump nozzles?

I have a couple of fuel discount cards, and have to use the truck pumps for the discount. I just don't want to make a mess. I'm ok with a funnel and the associated mess, but I don't want to spill all over if the auto-shutoff won't work with the funnel.

I tried the "mod" to remove the discriminator mentioned in another thread with no luck (couldn't get the neck to come apart to remove the discriminator) and it was a complete waste of time. Any other solutions would be very helpful.

I'm told the Ram EcoDiesel does not have the discriminator? Will the fill neck for the Ram fit the Wrangler/JT?

Help?

CWRUYOTE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
Ok, I have the funnel that came with the Jeep. My question is, does the auto-shutoff feature work with the funnel and "truck" pump nozzles?

I have a couple of fuel discount cards, and have to use the truck pumps for the discount. I just don't want to make a mess. I'm ok with a funnel and the associated mess, but I don't want to spill all over if the auto-shutoff won't work with the funnel.

I tried the "mod" to remove the discriminator mentioned in another thread with no luck (couldn't get the neck to come apart to remove the discriminator) and it was a complete waste of time. Any other solutions would be very helpful.

I'm told the Ram EcoDiesel does not have the discriminator? Will the fill neck for the Ram fit the Wrangler/JT?

Help?
The auto-shutoff won't work if you're using the adapter/funnel with the dedicated big-rig diesel nozzle.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jteakus

Jteakus

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecodiesel Unlimited Rubicon
What do you like better about the Hot Shots than the Amsoil?

FinnCustomKnives

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon Ecodiesel
What do you like better about the Hot Shots than the Amsoil?
Honestly, the EDT is great mainly because of the concentration and the bottle itself. It does the job, requires very little product, and the dispensing bottle makes getting the right amount stupid easy.
I still have a big ass bottle of diesel kleen that I am not using because of having to measure out what I am using, and having to literally use nearly 6 times as much.

OP
OP
Jteakus

Jteakus

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I understand about the concentrate. The Amsoil I chose to run requires 1 oz to 5 gallons. I picked up some clear bottles at Walmart vacation section that hold 4 oz when full. I fill them at home and grab one before a fill up, multiples before vacation. So much easier to add now that filler hole is wide open. No funnel, no mess

FinnCustomKnives

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon Ecodiesel
I understand about the concentrate. The Amsoil I chose to run requires 1 oz to 5 gallons. I picked up some clear bottles at Walmart vacation section that hold 4 oz when full. I fill them at home and grab one before a fill up, multiples before vacation. So much easier to add now that filler hole is wide open. No funnel, no mess
Yeah the EDT is crazy concentrated. As in 1 oz per 25 gallons concentrated for "premium mix" or 2oz for "performance mix", whereas with diesel kleen it was more like 6 oz.

Who's to say wether I truly see any benefit really but if it keeps the HPFP from grenading then it's worth it. Got our first long run coming up this Saturday, Atlanta to Ouray, CO then Moab afterwards. Towing our overland trailer so I am quite interested to see what kind of fuel numbers we are looking at and how much DEF I drink on the way.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jteakus

Jteakus

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Take some DEF with you. We went from LA to Silverton CO last August. You can watch the DEF gauge drop. Prior to our first road trip I believed the “one tank of def per oil change”hype. Doesn’t happen on a road trip and we weren’t towing. I had to buy some at a mom and pop shop and paid 3 prices. If you have the room, carry extra.

SteveSRT

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Denali, 2021 392 Rubicon

Help?
I took my filler neck off the jeep and just took a drill bit to the part where the flapper door was and made a few cuts to help loosen it up then broke it into pieces and removed that section. If you want to get a whole new filler neck to experiment on they are pretty cheap. 52030401AB is the part number and its like 65 bucks

MatthewAMEL

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLURD, '23 CT5 Blackwing, '18 Accord Touring
Yeah the EDT is crazy concentrated. As in 1 oz per 25 gallons concentrated for "premium mix" or 2oz for "performance mix", whereas with diesel kleen it was more like 6 oz.

Who's to say wether I truly see any benefit really but if it keeps the HPFP from grenading then it's worth it. Got our first long run coming up this Saturday, Atlanta to Ouray, CO then Moab afterwards. Towing our overland trailer so I am quite interested to see what kind of fuel numbers we are looking at and how much DEF I drink on the way.
My wife and I are taking our JLURD from Orlando to Ouray on 7/6-7/17. Enjoy your trip!

Overland Productions

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.offroadsupplyco.com
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD
Vehicle Showcase
Take some DEF with you. We went from LA to Silverton CO last August. You can watch the DEF gauge drop. Prior to our first road trip I believed the “one tank of def per oil change”hype. Doesn’t happen on a road trip and we weren’t towing. I had to buy some at a mom and pop shop and paid 3 prices. If you have the room, carry extra.
is it just me or did we burn 3x DEF at altitude? I did a 5800 mile trip and added DEF before I left and three more times before I got home.

CaptGunney

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Picked up our new Ecodiesel Rubicon last week. I've decided to run the Amsoil All-in-one additive to add lubricity to the fuel and brought it with me. The filler on the Ecodiesel has a nozzle discriminator to keep the wrong fuel from being added. Jeep sent the gas burner emergency funnel with mine so I had to use my pocket knife to get it open. Not cool. Also, the truck stop down the road has the bigger nozzles that won't fit the opening. I know there are adapters for the nozzles but I really don't want anything with diesel on it riding in the cab. Watched a few Youtube videos of the Volkswagen guys popping the discriminator out of their fillers with relative ease. I would like to remove mine as well. Anybody done this mod? Looks like you have to pull inner fender to get to everything and I haven't had a chance yet.
An adapter should have come with the jeep mine was in the jackwell.
Sponsored