Sponsored

Fuel fill door stock on rubicon?

gcnd06

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BW JLUR (lemon'd), 2019 SG JLUR
I've had my JLU Rubicon for 6 weeks now. Is the rubi supposed to come stock with the fuel fill cap door? I saw a thread on here for the first time today suggesting that it was stock on rubicons. My rubi does not have one and I can't find it listed on the window sticker. Before I go back to the dealer I wanted to make sure it was supposed to be standard equipment on a rubicon.
Sponsored

nel1551

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2017 Subaru Forester
I believe it is standard on Rubicon and Sahara. My Sahara didn't come with one either. If it isn't on the build sheet im not sure if the dealer would honor it.

WildBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Super Duper Sting Gray Rubicon Wrangler. 2003 Jeep Wrangler - Freedom Edition
Occupation
Explorer of Blue Horizons, Lover of Wild Things...
A2682577-D38A-47AE-84D7-1EE77E9C6AFE.jpeg
I've had my JLU Rubicon for 6 weeks now. Is the rubi supposed to come stock with the fuel fill cap door? I saw a thread on here for the first time today suggesting that it was stock on rubicons. My rubi does not have one and I can't find it listed on the window sticker. Before I go back to the dealer I wanted to make sure it was supposed to be standard equipment on a rubicon.

It’s on the Rubicon factory build sheet... it should cone with the Jeep. Some have taken delivery with the dealer to install it.

JacquieK

First Name
Jacquie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Sr Software Development Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Look on your Build Sheet for 'Black Fuel Filler Door'. Mine is listed there, but I don't see it on the Window Sticker.

Sponsored

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
It is supposed to be standard. I’m wondering if they are shipped with the Jeep for dealer installation, like the antennas are. That might explain the inconsistencies we’ve seen.

OP
OP

gcnd06

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks. Reached out to the dealer and FCA. Hopefully they rectify it.

Fred

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 2 door Rubicon X in Anvil
I believe it is standard on Rubicon and Sahara. My Sahara didn't come with one either. If it isn't on the build sheet im not sure if the dealer would honor it.
I believe it is standard and if so you paid for it and they need to make things right.

vhfan5150

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright White JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Mine didn’t come with one even though it was listed on the window sticker. I emailed the dealership and they ordered one no questions asked.

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sahara; 2001 Harley FatBoy; 2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL (Ordered)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
Thanks. Reached out to the dealer and FCA. Hopefully they rectify it.
"Hopefully they rectify" ..... If you have a set of balls they WILL install the fuel door that you paid for. IF they do not it is because you let them get by with it. YOU paid for it, they should be given no other option but to provide/install the fuel door or reimburse you for same.

OP
OP

gcnd06

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update: Dealer installed the fuel door today. The part is supposedly backordered so they removed the fuel fill door from another in-stock rubicon and installed it on mine. Hopefully someone else doesn't get screwed.
Sponsored