Fuel Door

Archer85

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport S
I can't seem to get a great answer. Do previous model fuel doors work with the new JL? I can't imagine that much has changed with the fuel area so that a fuel door that fits a 2017 JK wouldnt fit a 2018 JL, but let me know if they are interchangeable or if i need to buy a 2018JL specific fuel door, seems like only 2 ive seen say JL (but both are over $100), but there are good $50-$75 options but all say up to 2017 JK or even just "2018" but just for JK, not JL. Any help is appreciated.
Sponsored

Grindhouseknives

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Bright White JLU Sport S
I can't seem to get a great answer. Do previous model fuel doors work with the new JL? I can't imagine that much has changed with the fuel area so that a fuel door that fits a 2017 JK wouldnt fit a 2018 JL, but let me know if they are interchangeable or if i need to buy a 2018JL specific fuel door, seems like only 2 ive seen say JL (but both are over $100), but there are good $50-$75 options but all say up to 2017 JK or even just "2018" but just for JK, not JL. Any help is appreciated.
As far as I’ve seen, no they are not interchangeable. I’ve only seen one non-Mopar fuel door on the market and it requires drilling into the panel to mount it. The Mopar ones are more expensive and they require no drilling. They are appear to die cast aluminum and are very high quality.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@Archer85

JK has a much smaller diameter circular hole in the sheet metal in regard to where the fuel door is installed. JK fuel door will absolutely not work on a JL.

When you finally do buy a fuel door for your JL, do read at this thread before you do the install. There is a retainer clip that is verry easy to break if you are not aware of it.

Be sure to read all the pages in this thread:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/jl-fuel-door-install-video.4861/
Sponsored