Jay 13

Jay 13

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Yeah these are sport flares. My rubi flares are in the box in my garage still. They are 3/4” wider so there will be alot less poke. Probably about 1/2 a tread worth. And yes these are 37” KO2’s.
Actually one last question if I may….Do you get a lot of side spray with your set up? Compared to before …especially since sounds like you’ve gone form 33, to 35’s to 37’s
Sponsored

TylerV76

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
Actually one last question if I may….Do you get a lot of side spray with your set up? Compared to before …especially since sounds like you’ve gone form 33, to 35’s to 37’s
When I went to these wheels I went straight to 35’s and had step rails that were as wide as rubi rock rails just with 2 steps hanging down. I got a TON of spray with that setup. Especially in the door handles. Even when I had sport axles that are 1.5” narrower. Then I got Rubi axles and 37’s (12.5” wide) and it got even worse.

Old sliders with sport axles and 35’s
F9F0BCD6-F50F-4FD0-961D-A8DBC4D5D4E8.jpeg

I switched to the sliders you see in the previous pic and it got substantially better. Night and day really. With the wider flares it will only get better.

You will get spray with -12’s. How bad it is depends on your sliders really. You could also add the XR flare extensions, which is something Im considering. Personally, the -12 offset for me was more for stability and off-roading benefits so I dont care about the spray.

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Awesome. How long did you ride with it before lifted?

And by chance do you have a closer pic that shows how far the tires stick out.

looks great btw 👍🏼
These pics should give you the view your looking for. I ran these wheels for ~2 weeks before I lifted. I no longer have this Jeep, yet would not hesitate to buy this offset again.

77AC1986-6122-429B-962A-F96F99DCBFB9.jpeg

C9171194-200C-46F1-923B-AA34525195E6.jpeg

OP
OP
Jay 13

Jay 13

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
When I went to these wheels I went straight to 35’s and had step rails that were as wide as rubi rock rails just with 2 steps hanging down. I got a TON of spray with that setup. Especially in the door handles. Even when I had sport axles that are 1.5” narrower. Then I got Rubi axles and 37’s (12.5” wide) and it got even worse.

Old sliders with sport axles and 35’s
F9F0BCD6-F50F-4FD0-961D-A8DBC4D5D4E8.jpeg

I switched to the sliders you see in the previous pic and it got substantially better. Night and day really. With the wider flares it will only get better.

You will get spray with -12’s. How bad it is depends on your sliders really. You could also add the XR flare extensions, which is something Im considering. Personally, the -12 offset for me was more for stability and off-roading benefits so I dont care about the spray.
Great pic! And btw…..those are the same side steps I have 😆 …I got them early on as my young daughter loves the Jeep, but doesn’t want help getting in. But I know that they aren’t great for blocking side sprau especially compared to the ones in your first pic.
I did think about the recon flare extensions (definitely a possibility) I also do hve rock blockz flaps (never have installed them tho) I don’t mind side spray, it getting dirty doesn’t bother me….I’m more concerned over how many paint chips will
Occur from it tho.
Thanks again really appreciate your time.
You’ve all been very helpful !

OP
OP
Jay 13

Jay 13

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
These pics should give you the view your looking for. I ran these wheels for ~2 weeks before I lifted. I no longer have this Jeep, yet would not hesitate to buy this offset again.

Jeep Wrangler JL Fuel coverts (or ANY RIM) -12 v +1 offset. *Help me decide* C9171194-200C-46F1-923B-AA34525195E6

Jeep Wrangler JL Fuel coverts (or ANY RIM) -12 v +1 offset. *Help me decide* C9171194-200C-46F1-923B-AA34525195E6
Yes perfect!!
Thanks so much dude 🙏

Sponsored

TylerV76

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
Great pic! And btw…..those are the same side steps I have 😆 …I got them early on as my young daughter loves the Jeep, but doesn’t want help getting in. But I know that they aren’t great for blocking side sprau especially compared to the ones in your first pic.
I did think about the recon flare extensions (definitely a possibility) I also do hve rock blockz flaps (never have installed them tho) I don’t mind side spray, it getting dirty doesn’t bother me….I’m more concerned over how many paint chips will
Occur from it tho.
Thanks again really appreciate your time.
You’ve all been very helpful !
The only paint chips Ive seen are my hinges but thats common. I drive a ton of dirt roads so I should have a bunch by now if that was an issue.

What sucks though is every time anyone gets in or out, they get a nice mud streak down their leg or hands covered in it. It gets old hearing the 5 women in my house complain.

OP
OP
Jay 13

Jay 13

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
The only paint chips Ive seen are my hinges but thats common. I drive a ton of dirt roads so I should have a bunch by now if that was an issue.

What sucks though is every time anyone gets in or out, they get a nice mud streak down their leg or hands covered in it. It gets old hearing the 5 women in my house complain.
lol that’s funny

Sooo get it and annoy my wife? gotch ya 👍🏼

edit: my daughter wouldn’t care lol

Last edited: