• ā›”ļø EFFECTIVE JANUARY 11, 2023 ā›”ļø 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 11, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

Sold: FS: JL LED Headlight Adapter Brackets

Ralph2018JL

First Name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In this post: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/project-aftermarket-led-brackets.13574/, some of you have followed along and encouraged me to build adapter brackets to install 7" LED headlights in my JLUR. Well, there was enough interest that I figured I would see about having a local company punch them out and I'll finish them. So, I'm taking orders. If I get at least 10 people, the price for just the brackets to attach the lights will cost you a total of $125.00. There are some caveots. Please read each line completely, so that you understand what I will provide, and what you will have to provide on your own.

A. You will have to remove the front grille and the headlights from your Jeep. There are plenty of videos online to show you how to accomplish this step.

B. You will have to pull the headlight harness out of the bucket. Done correctly, this should not damage your headlight from further use, however, since you're handling this part, it is up to you to do it correctly. Instructions and a video link of the procedure will be included with your purchase.

C. Once you've installed my brackets with your LED lights, you will have to aim your headlights. Instructions and a video link of the procedure will be included with your purchase.

D. There are several 7" headlights on the market today. There are several anti-flicker harnesses, as well as headlights with the anti-flicker built in. I suggest you research and purchase these before you purchase the brackets from me to ensure you are happy with their performance. There are many videos on YouTube explaining how to remove the factory headlight buckets, and if you watch closely, you will see that the back of the bucket has a removable lid. Here you will find the H13 plugs. You can plug these into your led headlights to test them.

I don't want anyone to be unhappy with their purchase. However, I must stress to you this one important factor.

ā€œYou can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you canā€™t please all of the people all of the timeā€.ā€

ā€• John Lydgate

Therefore, each bracket will be inspected by me before it goes in a secure shipping box.

I will ship these out via UPS. I will send you a tracking number the minute I get it.

I will deal with returns on a case by case basis.

I will accept only PayPal. That protects both you and me.

Proposed time from purchase to delivery is 3-4 weeks. This is to ensure that you get what you pay for, and that my manufacturer complies with our agreed costs/materials.

I have never done this before. I will screw up. I will make that screw up right, that's my promise.

If you have questions, please feel free to PM me, or ask here. I will try to respond in a timely manner.

Abe
Nice job!
Sponsored

OP
OP
americonium

americonium

First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Black
Occupation
Engineering Technician
Shop made them larger than my print. It took 4 hours to make one set work .I sent everyone their money back and the harnesses will be sent out Monday. They're taking longer to aquire than I first suspected. There's a factory fix, so no biggie.

emilboya

First Name
Emil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3 (Sold) & Jeep JL
Occupation
Process Engineer
Shop made them larger than my print. It took 4 hours to make one set work .I sent everyone their money back and the harnesses will be sent out Monday. They're taking longer to aquire than I first suspected. There's a factory fix, so no biggie.
Thanks for putting in all the effort! The community much appreciates it :like:

Sponsored

Wzabrouski

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Occupation
Director of Operations
Has anyone used the brackets in the link that was provided?

zachart96

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL Sport
Has anyone used the brackets in the link that was provided?
I'm working on it right now.. the problem i'm running into is the 3d print isn't an exact match and i'm having trouble figuring out how to attach the led headlights I bought. i'll let you know if I get it completed. Just a heads up though, they are 3d printed, I definitely don't think they'll hold up, and def not worth 125

zachart96

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got them installed and running into issues with either the wiring adapter harness, i've got some things to do today so it'll be later tonight before I can troubleshoot those. Brackets do mount up but like I said, they feel flimsy as hell.

zachart96

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
americonium Has anyone had any issues with the wiring harnesses? My lights are not turning on at all and i'm hesitant to assume the headlights came DOA. When I get home tonight, i'm going to check for power passing through to the lights. I wonder if the Jeeps brain is killing them.

OP
OP
americonium

americonium

First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Black
Occupation
Engineering Technician
I wasn't even aware that anyone had received them, no one let me know. I tested all of them before I put them in the mail, so let me know if there's something wrong with yours.

Sponsored

zachart96

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wasn't even aware that anyone had received them, no one let me know. I tested all of them before I put them in the mail, so let me know if there's something wrong with yours.
Sorry about that, life was busy and the lifetimeled brackets kept getting delayed as well. So I had to rearrange the pins to work properly with my lights but they are working now. You can see in the picture the changes I had to make in case anyone else needs to make the change too. Thanks again for these and all the work you put into the original project!!
20181021_191608.jpg

This picture is the end result. I'll give my opinion on the lifetimeled brackets well, if anyone is considering buying them. THEY SUCK. The site says you can align your light, you cannot. All you can do is add more washers to the crappy little screw they supply and those screws strip extremely easily, i'm going to have to drive my car tomorrow and in the evening replace all the screws and one by one, add washers to align the headlights.There is no marker on the brackets letting you know top center either so you'll be removing the headlight/bracket multiple times to adjust the little screws. The next crappy part about them is they do not push the light up against the grill so there is a 1" gap between the adapter bracket and the grill. I would definitely not recommend these 3D printed brackets to anyone. I guess i'll run these until an aftermarket comes out near the $400 price point. $400 I would have been spending on a winch...

20181021_200441.jpg

weeitsmikelee

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 Wrangler392; ā€˜20 F-Pace; '15 XL883N; '82 CX500
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
I just got a pair of LED headlights as a gift and was wondering if the redesigned brackets are now available for sale? Thanks!