• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 11, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 11, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

Illinois SOLD: 2018 JL Rubicon 2-door 6-speed

jerseymike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
OP
OP
Litfuse

Litfuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 C7 Grand Sport, 2019 Ram 1500, 2017 Audi Q5.
how did you attach those splash guards?

BTW....beautiful jeep, and seems like a great deal, good luck with sale
This is what I wrote in another thread and some pics included. I hope it helps.

These were the flaps I purchased. They are not form molded, but heavy rubberized flaps and they have worked perfectly. I was able to attach them with two screws through the inner fender lining and then two bolts that run through the flap near the bottom of the inner fender liner. At the bottom, there is a heavy plastic bracket that the liner attaches to. I made my measurements, drilled holes into my flaps and ran my bolts through the flaps, the liner and the bracket for a strong support. The bottom of the flap is about 10 inches from the bottom of the ground and sticks out about a half an inch on the side of the fender. Not a single rock hits the side of my Jeep orfenders and I drive down a rock road everyday.

DD77CCCB-E2CF-4960-AD2C-20320E8E26C7.jpeg

C143B7EA-A152-4708-8673-65DE76DF8955.jpeg

3C5247D3-F24B-478F-A7DB-984DD7ACEBA8.jpeg

jerseymike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
This is what I wrote in another thread and some pics included. I hope it helps.

These were the flaps I purchased. They are not form molded, but heavy rubberized flaps and they have worked perfectly. I was able to attach them with two screws through the inner fender lining and then two bolts that run through the flap near the bottom of the inner fender liner. At the bottom, there is a heavy plastic bracket that the liner attaches to. I made my measurements, drilled holes into my flaps and ran my bolts through the flaps, the liner and the bracket for a strong support. The bottom of the flap is about 10 inches from the bottom of the ground and sticks out about a half an inch on the side of the fender. Not a single rock hits the side of my Jeep orfenders and I drive down a rock road everyday.

DD77CCCB-E2CF-4960-AD2C-20320E8E26C7.jpeg

C143B7EA-A152-4708-8673-65DE76DF8955.jpeg

3C5247D3-F24B-478F-A7DB-984DD7ACEBA8.jpeg
Awesome, thanks

OP
OP
Litfuse

Litfuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$33,500 now. This is a deal for someone wanting a super low mileage, super clean JLR!

Sponsored

MAPC

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Formerly JK-U, JL-U awaiting production
Awesome looking Rubicon- my favorite color combo. I am looking for a 2018 2 door/6 speed JL but, to be honest, I think it may be hard to see this number with so few options. This is just one man's opinion though.

Regardless, I hope you get as much as you can. :)

OP
OP
Litfuse

Litfuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awesome looking Rubicon- my favorite color combo. I am looking for a 2018 2 door/6 speed JL but, to be honest, I think it may be hard to see this number with so few options. This is just one man's opinion though.

Regardless, I hope you get as much as you can. :)
What would you think it is worth? Honestly. When I have sold my Jeeps in the past, they retained their value, but it doesn’t seem to be the case with the JL.

MAPC

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Formerly JK-U, JL-U awaiting production
What would you think it is worth? Honestly. When I have sold my Jeeps in the past, they retained their value, but it doesn’t seem to be the case with the JL.
I agree with you. When i sold my 2012 JK U, i sold it for $1000 more than what i paid (I bought used). Those days be to be over- and I wonder how much has to do with the fact that they have gone up in price so much that they are taking bigger hits on resale. Also, depreciation is generally the worst in year one so, unfortunately, that’s what you are experiencing.

You are probably looking at 20% off of MSRP. Look at it this way: it’s pretty easy to get 5-7% off on a new order (more from something in stock). In other words, your $40K JL can be ordered new for $37-38K so there has to be a decent discount from that (for most buyers) to buy used vs new.

My guess, for yours, is $30-32k.

As an example, I’m looking at another (non-Rubi) 2018. MSRP was $35k. Dealer is asking, as a certified vehicle, for $27.5k....and that is a model with a higher residual than a Rubi.

OP
OP
Litfuse

Litfuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I agree with you. When i sold my 2012 JK U, i sold it for $1000 more than what i paid (I bought used). Those days be to be over- and I wonder how much has to do with the fact that they have gone up in price so much that they are taking bigger hits on resale. Also, depreciation is generally the worst in year one so, unfortunately, that’s what you are experiencing.

You are probably looking at 20% off of MSRP. Look at it this way: it’s pretty easy to get 5-7% off on a new order (more from something in stock). In other words, your $40K JL can be ordered new for $37-38K so there has to be a decent discount from that (for most buyers) to buy used vs new.

My guess, for yours, is $30-32k.

As an example, I’m looking at another (non-Rubi) 2018. MSRP was $35k. Dealer is asking, as a certified vehicle, for $27.5k....and that is a model with a higher residual than a Rubi.
It’s a hard pill to swallow. If I took 30, that would be 25% off. I’ll probably end up keeping it. I do like most things about the Jeep. With spring and summer coming up, I’ll like it even more!

86CJ7

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 392
Occupation
IT
It’s a hard pill to swallow. If I took 30, that would be 25% off. I’ll probably end up keeping it. I do like most things about the Jeep. With spring and summer coming up, I’ll like it even more!
Many dealers over ordered and they are discounting them to clear there lots. The dealer near me is offering 8.25% below invoice. Yours new would be $34K.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Litfuse

Litfuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many dealers over ordered and they are discounting them to clear there lots. The dealer near me is offering 8.25% below invoice. Yours new would be $34K.
And the reason I’ll probably be keeping it. I don’t have to sell it. If it does end up selling, it will probably be to someone local to me. For two reasons, the dealers in my area are not discounting as high as other areas and two, local dealers aren’t carrying Wranglers with a manual transmission. If someone wants one, they will have to order or consider mine. Either way, I’m good. Coming up on nice wrangler weather, and I’ll have two great choices, take the wrangler or my CBR1000rr. Ah, choices.

OP
OP
Litfuse

Litfuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Congrats! Did you get $33K? Getting another Jl or staying away for a while?
I got $33.5k from a local buyer. Looking at getting a Chevy Camaro SS 1le or Nissan 370Z Nismo.
Sponsored