Sponsored

Frustrating Experience with Extreme Terrain (What's with the hype??)

Reefed

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR Sarge Green/Tan, '16 Mazda Miata BBS
Occupation
E-Commerce
Hey all,

For some reason do not have permission to post on Vendor Feedback so wanted to share my experience here and see if I just got unlucky with my first experience with them.

Spent 1+ hours now on the phone going back and forth with ExtremeTerrain.com customer service and being passed to different departments and having to start from scratch with every new rep I spoke to. Long story short was trying to get a price match on Mopar Floor Mats with allmoparparts.com, which was $25 cheaper all-in.

I'm still on the phone with them trying to get this resolved because they won't let me cancel the order (it hasn't even shipped yet and I placed it midnight today), but what's the deal with Extreme Terrain? Looking at the parts they sell, they are actually more expensive on the same parts than many other sites, even Amazon. The difference with allmoparparts on these floor mats in particular was a clear 15% markup.

They seem to be a great resource on the parts themselves with nice videos detailing installation and everything, but that's about all I see. At the end of the day, price and customer service keep people coming back, especially since these parts are available elsewhere. I run an online business myself, and a $25 price match to retain a customer and make him happy should not be even close to this difficult.

Does anyone else feel that ExtremeTerrain is overpriced? Are there any other benefits to shopping at this website that I just haven't experienced? Any suggestions on better sources for your parts?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Reefed

Reefed

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
E-Commerce
Update: So they finally credited me the difference. The last rep I spoke to, Andrew, acknowledged that I had spent over an hour on the phone, but didn't really have much to say other than sorry. It was very awkward, I do not plan to purchase from them again to avoid this mess again

Foster1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Your story isnt that bad, some guy in the tacoma forum ordered side steps, got sent 2 passenger side steps (mounts are different). Extreme Terrain said too bad, not our problem. I'm not kidding. This really happened. Now the guy is stuck with 2 passenger side tube steps.

Knowing this happened to someone, I will never buy from Extreme Terrain.

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
I've never heard a good thing about Extreme Terrain. Avoid them.

OP
OP
Reefed

Reefed

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
E-Commerce
Your story isnt that bad, some guy in the tacoma forum ordered side steps, got sent 2 passenger side steps (mounts are different). Extreme Terrain said too bad, not our problem. I'm not kidding. This really happened. Now the guy is stuck with 2 passenger side tube steps.

Knowing this happened to someone, I will never buy from Extreme Terrain.
I've never heard a good thing about Extreme Terrain. Avoid them.
Blows my mind sometimes how a business can survive with such experiences. I keep seeing forum members here and there saying they will buy from extreme terrain even if the prices are a little higher due to their “awesome service” that supposedly we just missed out on?

Sponsored

NHMojito

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Mojito!
I’m still pretty new to the Jeep scene, but I realized that there are plenty of other distributors who have much more recent videos and support, like Quadratec, Northridge, CJ Off Road, etc... Extreme Terrain seems to be a bit behind the times now. Maybe they were better years ago? But seems there are better businesses to buy from now.

CaptSully

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport Unlimited, 1965 Beechcraft Baron, 1976 Cessna 172
I have only ordered side bars from them. They shipped the next day and arrived a day early via FedEx. Now if I could only get my JLU to arrive. It was supposed to be here on the 9th and now they say the 19th.

Red Rock N Roll

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Occupation
International Quality Control Manager
I have three Rugged Ridge antennas from Extreme Terrain, all for a 97-17 TJ/JK even though I was told they will work for my 2018 JLU. They just kept sending me the same antenna and credited me three times. They didn't even want the antennas back so I have three of them, anyone want one? Got into it with the CS Rep over their $50.00 credit after spending $200.00 on Jeep/Mopar mats the day before the offer! Great videos that I watch and cool Jeep pics worth looking at to see how something looks on your Jeep, then go somewhere else!!

G J

First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2020 Jeep Wrangler JL 2-Door (2.0l 4c Turbo)
I have three Rugged Ridge antennas from Extreme Terrain, all for a 97-17 TJ/JK even though I was told they will work for my 2018 JLU. They just kept sending me the same antenna and credited me three times. They didn't even want the antennas back so I have three of them, anyone want one? Got into it with the CS Rep over their $50.00 credit after spending $200.00 on Jeep/Mopar mats the day before the offer! Great videos that I watch and cool Jeep pics worth looking at to see how something looks on your Jeep, then go somewhere else!!
New here. I know this is an old thread and hopefully you’ve already resolved this, but the same thing literally just happened to me today. I ordered the 13” stubby antenna by rugged ridge, which extreme terrain’s website said worked for tj, jk, and JL through 2020. When the antenna showed up, the rugged ridge packaging said it was for TJ and JK 97-17 (which I specifically didn’t order from the website). I think it’s just an outdated package. I installed it and it works fine. I searched the product ID and customer reviews on both sites say it fits for JLs. Have you tried installing any of the 3?
PS - I subsequently noticed a small hole at the base, so I called them to order a replacement. They’re mailing me a new one and letting me keep the existing one. I had good experiences with two different customer service people, who sounded like employees at their actual business rather than call-center type people.
Sponsored