Frustrating Delays - Rail Delivery

Outwest970

First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
So, my order was released from factory (railyard departure) on 8/21 -- updated just now it's traveled a whopping 195 miles in 5 days. It's a bit frustrating when you want it to arrive sooner rather than later. Anyone else experiencing rail delays? Not sure what the hold up is...
Sponsored

abecker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
So, my order was released from factory (railyard departure) on 8/21 -- updated just now it's traveled a whopping 195 miles in 5 days. It's a bit frustrating when you want it to arrive sooner rather than later. Anyone else experiencing rail delays? Not sure what the hold up is...
I could be wrong, but I noticed for mine when it was on the railcar it went north into Michigan and back to Ohio for a few days before making its way to NC and it only took 2-3 days to get from OH to NC. It is possible that the railcar is being moved around or the train is picking up more cars from other locations before actually departing to make the trip. I could be completely wrong, but just my guess.

OP
OP
Outwest970

Outwest970

First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Andy, so it did just that. Took a while to leave Toledo, headed West, then detoured south to connect at another rail yard and then north again, and finally appears to be headed west, thanks!

Kadonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Manual Trans Front Spacers, 2010 JKU Wrangler Sport
Sorry for your delay, we are lucky enough to live within trucking distance to the factory. Mine departed the facility one morning and arrived at my dealer the next morning. Sorry for that, but I feel your pain.

shacdaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting-Gray
Greaaaaaat, can't wait. :crying:
Sponsored