Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 6MT
Occupation
Mariner
Vehicle Showcase
For 3k and the use you are describing I would skip the lift and get a nice winch setup, onboard air and a set of maxtrax and have zero worries cruising all around the beach. I run 35's on stock wheels without rubbing so far.
Sponsored

OP
OP

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
was an ā€˜18 Rubicon Mojito! now a boring Mazda
For 3k and the use you are describing I would skip the lift and get a nice winch setup, onboard air and a set of maxtrax and have zero worries cruising all around the beach. I run 35's on stock wheels without rubbing so far.
bought some maxtrax yesterday

OP
OP

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's not a bad idea. I could head to someplace north or south that within a few hours driving distance.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
For extreme articulation 35s may rub but it doesn't sound like you will be doing that. Cheap lifts will cause you real problems. Two different types of Mopar lifts installed by the dealer - one where the technician does it and has done a lot of them or one where they have a separate accessory install shop staffed with any guy that can hold a wrench.

Sponsored

aprez27

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
bought some maxtrax yesterday

Only reason you'll need those are to lend to someone else... as long as you air down.

As far as your lift, there are a few reputable shops out on LI that will install a lift for you for a lot less that $1500.

aprez27

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Question, I purchased my Jeep and it already had 35's on it. No lift from what I can tell. Still has the stock Rubicon Red Shocks. Steering and front end a little different from my old JK that was lifted. Would I benefit any from installing shock extenders? Is there really any need for just the difference in tire size?

OP
OP

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Only reason you'll need those are to lend to someone else... as long as you air down.

As far as your lift, there are a few reputable shops out on LI that will install a lift for you for a lot less that $1500.
If you can give some recommendations Iā€™ll gkadlt call them.

Maximusdafarmer

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 6MT
Occupation
Mariner
Vehicle Showcase

Why do you say that? There are plenty of situations where just airing down is not enough to get you out if you hit a soft spot and unless you have another jeep or an earth anchor, you are going to wish you had something like the maxtrax. I've been there

aprez27

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Why do you say that? There are plenty of situations where just airing down is not enough to get you out if you hit a soft spot and unless you have another jeep or an earth anchor, you are going to wish you had something like the maxtrax. I've been there

Sorry, if that's your company I didn't mean to crap on your post. This is my 3rd Wrangler and have never gotten close to stuck in the sand, I've pulled lots of people out of jams though. Again, I wasn't trying to crap on your product if that is yours.Cheers.

Maximusdafarmer

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 6MT
Occupation
Mariner
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry, if that's your company I didn't mean to crap on your post. This is my 3rd Wrangler and have never gotten close to stuck in the sand, I've pulled lots of people out of jams though. Again, I wasn't trying to crap on your product if that is yours.Cheers.
No man not all. Just genuinely curious if you had either an experience with them that was negative, or just did not feel that they were that useful of a product. I know some people have had issues with stripping the teeth etc, but I personally have had good experiences with them. I never made it up to Montauk or anything like that though so it might just be a lot more hard packed up there. My experience was all sand or sandy terrain in Florida
Sponsored