Front Track Bar replacement question - 2021 JL

Renhilio

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Funny you mentioning the little Mrs taking the helm.

This past Sunday, we had a family function. We happened to drive there separately. She drives a Nissan juke. She hasn't driven the Jeep since back when it was all stock on 35's, and she wanted to swap rides on the way home. We both left at the same time and I let her lead, so I could keep an eye on her while also getting to admire all my hard work and money on the move.

There wasn't a breeze to be had, but she was all over the lane like we were coming from a frat party, not our nieces sweet 16. As we approached stop lights, I was repeatedly saying "brake Brake BRAKE" until the brake lights lit, then I was saying "harder Harder HARDER". The Jeep was rocking at a full stop at every light, like a military humvee. Lol!

Other than a slight rise of our heart rates, it was an uneventful ride.

I didn't critique her, after we landed home, because I wasn't used to the overall responsiveness of a sport based vehicle. My muscle memory is tuned into making micro corrections up at speed and anticipating and countering a bit of bump steer over the bigger hits. Her car would track dead straight through a spent mine field in a hurricane, but I was looking like I just finished a keg stand because my hand forgot how to stay still. Also, while she was braking late due to the longer brake pedal throw to engagement, I was losing track of how many times the steering wheel kept me from going through the windshield. Her wheels could be fully locked with a 1/4" of pedal movement.

For those still reading this, I can assure you that her windshield does not taste like snozzberries. 😆
This is hysterical. Through the whole story I was thinking of my own experience that almost 100% mirrors this experience. My wife drives an XC90, but my jeep gets 99% of the family mileage. We took the Volvo on a recent 45 minute drive, and my muscle memory had the Volvo swaying back and forth all over the road from the anticipated "needed" steering corrections. It was further amplified in the standard suspension ratings and we were wallowing all over the place. Stiffening the airbags helped some, but a 'normal' vehicle feels so abnormal after spending 99% of your time behind the wheel of the jeep.

Separate but related, my father in law had a Ford Fusion before his current Lincoln skinned Escape. You want to talk about insane brake pedals! Once you are beyond the initial 1/2" pedal travel, any additional pressure will put you through the windshield. I was moving the thing out of my driveway to get the jeep out of the garage recently, and figured I was moving a max of 5mph so I didn't put on the seatbelt (deemed unnecessary in the 10 seconds I was moving it). I applied "normal" and even brake pressure, and seriously put my face into the windshield because the damn thing bit 100% with maybe 2" of pedal travel. Zero chance I would ever own one of these for this exact reason.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
This is hysterical. Through the whole story I was thinking of my own experience that almost 100% mirrors this experience. My wife drives an XC90, but my jeep gets 99% of the family mileage. We took the Volvo on a recent 45 minute drive, and my muscle memory had the Volvo swaying back and forth all over the road from the anticipated "needed" steering corrections. It was further amplified in the standard suspension ratings and we were wallowing all over the place. Stiffening the airbags helped some, but a 'normal' vehicle feels so abnormal after spending 99% of your time behind the wheel of the jeep.

Separate but related, my father in law had a Ford Fusion before his current Lincoln skinned Escape. You want to talk about insane brake pedals! Once you are beyond the initial 1/2" pedal travel, any additional pressure will put you through the windshield. I was moving the thing out of my driveway to get the jeep out of the garage recently, and figured I was moving a max of 5mph so I didn't put on the seatbelt (deemed unnecessary in the 10 seconds I was moving it). I applied "normal" and even brake pressure, and seriously put my face into the windshield because the damn thing bit 100% with maybe 2" of pedal travel. Zero chance I would ever own one of these for this exact reason.
It's comforting to know that I'm not the only one with windshield on their breath. Lol!
Jeep Wrangler JL Front Track Bar replacement question - 2021 JL giphy

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
Very true, but most won't listen.

I know you'll listen, though.
Jeep Wrangler JL Front Track Bar replacement question - 2021 JL giphy
Indeed. Because what we have is some genuine, high level R-E-P-S-E-C-T

Unlike that Aretha Franklin song, the spelling is a bit backwards but we are Jeep minions and I’m here for you
Jeep Wrangler JL Front Track Bar replacement question - 2021 JL 1616894435685

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
was even worse for the Diesels; the Mopar lift brought my Willys 4.4" in the front, and 3.1" at the rear.

really should have come with adjustable Track Bars.

If the Mopar lift was actually 2” instead of the 3” to 3.5” most people get, you would not need track bar relocation brackets to assist with roll center.
Sponsored