Sponsored

Front Sway Bar Disconnects - Failed

AUMacman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Hey All - please help me to understand what could have possibly happened and will it happen again. I am posting pictures of my broken passenger front end sway bar from a Rock Krawler lift kit. It has completely broken and I haven’t wheeled it too hard in my opinion for it to fail. The driver side front appears to be on its last leg too. Any guidance on what happened would be great and is something amiss with my front end to cause this under mostly normal driving conditions?
Jeep Wrangler JL Front Sway Bar Disconnects - Failed 5F91DC70-78E0-4335-83CD-03BECC317266
Jeep Wrangler JL Front Sway Bar Disconnects - Failed 2F1484AD-845F-45CE-A466-2CA739496870
Jeep Wrangler JL Front Sway Bar Disconnects - Failed B1044F3A-050A-4E64-BE2A-E792C28A461F
Sponsored

Jerrybizzle

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Tech
Does it have one end that pivots or are they both fixed with a bolt? I can’t tell enough from that photo to know. The factory ones have a pivoting bolt at the top I believe that helps with articulation, do these have that?

OP
OP

AUMacman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Does it have one end that pivots or are they both fixed with a bolt? I can’t tell enough from that photo to know. The factory ones have a pivoting bolt at the top I believe that helps with articulation, do these have that?
yes they have the pivoting bolt and are extendable.

Blu bi Kong

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Seems maybe they weren't disconnected and in the minimal off road time you had there may have been a teeeencie bit more articulation than you thot?
Sponsored