Sponsored

Front suspension issue on new JL?

Taibs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S
I have a 4 week old 2018 JL Sport Unlimited 4DR and have a strange sound coming from down under... Has anyone had/heard of issues with front shocks/suspension making a fairly loud creaking noise at initial acceleration from full stop? It sounds like its only on the front right side... I'm not a gear head so don't know where to do. Took into dealer and they couldn't re-produce. Its kept up... A JL pulled into a parking lot near me and I heard the same noise as he took off... Any color anyone?
Sponsored

bryan

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini, F250, Forester, 2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Out of curiosity, were both you and your service writer or technician when they were unable to reproduce the problem? Are they open to taking a ride with you?

W1ck3d

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl rubicon
Have them look at the right front spring... I know they have had issues with them rubbing on the frame mount.... You can actually see it on the spring if you look at the top.... Could also be one of the body bolt isolators ... I know they have has issues with those as well when they are cold. ... Both easy fixes

OP
OP

Taibs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S
Out of curiosity, were both you and your service writer or technician when they were unable to reproduce the problem? Are they open to taking a ride with you?
I was the shepard who cried wolf... Unable to reproduce the first visit but they DID the second - needeed to replace bushings. Picking up tomorrow. Thanks for the note!

OP
OP

Taibs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport S
Have them look at the right front spring... I know they have had issues with them rubbing on the frame mount.... You can actually see it on the spring if you look at the top.... Could also be one of the body bolt isolators ... I know they have has issues with those as well when they are cold. ... Both easy fixes
Thanks W1ck3d.
I was the shepard who cried wolf... Unable to reproduce the first visit but they DID the second - needed to replace bushings. Picking up tomorrow. Hopefully that will be it but will keep spring and body bolt isolators if it comes back... Thanks for the note!
Sponsored