Sponsored

Front Section of Sky One Touch... am I missing something?

croanie

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited 4xe
The front section of my SOT is rattling where the front plastic crossbeam meets the metal crossbeam under it. On mine these two pieces aren’t fixed together, but seem as if they should be. There is also a mystery hole in the middle of the metal crossbeam that looks as if something was supposed to be attached or installed there to hold these two pieces together. I took it to my local dealer and they put two small pieces of white tape spaced apart between the two cross beams (seen in picture). However since the tape did not run all the way across there are other places the metal and flexible plastic still separate and touch so it continues to rattle. The dealer is talking with Jeep now, but I'm still thinking I'm missing a piece of my top.

Does anyone that has this top have anything attached between these two beams or something installed here that holds these two pieces together and possibly covers the hole seen in the picture below? If so, please share pictures if you can.

Jeep Wrangler JL Front Section of Sky One Touch... am I missing something? AFED0532-48AE-4F29-AC2E-CBFEFFE9855C
Jeep Wrangler JL Front Section of Sky One Touch... am I missing something? 3300820B-80E2-4035-BE8D-2DFE1E6A2506
Jeep Wrangler JL Front Section of Sky One Touch... am I missing something? 8DBC2243-4863-426C-8476-B02A800C637A
Sponsored

OP
OP

croanie

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited 4xe
Just got my Jeep back. There was an entire crossbeam that was broken (missing) straight from the factory. Jeep ended up replacing the entire SOT top.

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
Just got my Jeep back. There was an entire crossbeam that was broken (missing) straight from the factory. Jeep ended up replacing the entire SOT top.
QC team was off, due to covid... I mean, how else would that and lack of paint around around hinges be missed? Glad your issue was fixed.
Sponsored