First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
The front edge of the cushion on JL drivers seat doesn't angle up enough - I feel like I'm sliding forward. There are threads out there with the issue being headroom. Mine is more about thigh angle comfort. Any suggestions? I saw something about using 1/2" nuts as a spacer under the front seat frame bolts. It's been two years since this was last discussed.

Any new solutions?
Sponsored

Last edited:

sinisterj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Unlimited Rubicon
OP
OP
rickinAZ

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.

wriver82

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Red JLUR
Thanks for the suggestion. I actually came up with a simple/tidy solution on my own. Take a look at posts #68 & #70:

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...iver-seat-bottom-seat-tilt-angle.16771/page-5

Ironically, I think that mine look less home-made than the store-bought solution, but as long as we all get that thigh support that we need. :)
Just want to share experience on the hex bolt tilt. So this weekend I put in the 1/2 inch hex bolts and for me I found their was too much tilt. So I went back to the store and picked up some 1/2 in by 2 inch flat washers. I found that using three of them on each side was about half the height and now for me the tilt is perfect.
Sponsored