Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Silver Zynith JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Marine, Full-time Overlander.
@Metal Dawg Did you decide on front bumper yet? I am installing mine now and I absolutely love the RockHard 4x4 Aluminum mid width bumper with lowered winch plate.

The factory LED fog lights were simple plug and play.

BUT... running into a little problem. See my new thread on the issue. Depending on the Warn winch you might struggle like me.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...-warn-zeon-winch-on-aftermarket-bumper.90555/
I haven't decided yet. I am looking at the ACE JL Expedition Series Stubby Bumper (Bull Bar) but I haven't pulled the trigger yet. I have all kinds of spreadsheets going for my build though. I won't be starting my build until May so I still have some time. That is good info on the Warn winch issue.
Sponsored

Buddy Lee

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon Unlimited
@Buddy Lee What license plate relocation kit did you use here?
Did you end up painting or powder coating and how has that held up for you?
Do you have any side profile photos of the front and rear bumper you might share?
I had a local shop E-coat the bumpers and then powder coat them semi-gloss black. The paint has held up really well despite hitting a few rocks. I chose not to mount a front license plate as here in Cali, PD is so busy with other issues they don't bother enforcing the front plate laws. I do know there are a few options that mount around the winch outlet and allow the plate to fold up out of the way.

IMG_1301.jpeg

IMG_1043.jpeg

IMG_1044.jpeg

IMG_1300.jpeg

IMG_0840.jpeg

Blu_JLU

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
I chose the Rugged Ridge Arcus. Straight forward install, didn’t even need to call out the BFH. Quadratec winch fit easy and I can still pull off the grill if needed without having to move the winch. I’m sure it’s not as strong as the welded steel offerings because it is stamped steel, but I liked the fact that it is lighter.

The fog lights are Diode Dynamics SS3 and they mounted up with no issue. I ran the factory fog lights before switching to the SS3’s. The Rigid 360 driving lights were mounted by drilling through the top of the bumper with a step bit.

Jeep Wrangler JL Front & Rear Bumper General Opinions IMG_0840
Jeep Wrangler JL Front & Rear Bumper General Opinions IMG_0840
Looks awesome! Did you get the SS3 Pro type M or type MS to fit the Arcus bumper?

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
I run Ace Engineering bumpers. These are very tough, I think you could run them over with a tank or a loaded cement truck and you could not hurt them or make them flex. I have landed on the rear bumper many many times dropping off ledges with zero issues. I think you could pound on them with a big sledge hammer and not hurt them. They are that tough. You will pay for them though. They have doubled in price in the last few years. They have withstood at least 25,000 miles of off roading on my Jeep.

The front bumper I run is there stubby. It does check the boxes you wanted checked. High approach angles, recessed winch mount, fog lights that will fit the stock fog lights.

This is the front bumper that I run from Ace

Ace front bumper

They have other models also.

Jeep Wrangler JL Front & Rear Bumper General Opinions 1681038849703

The rear bumper that I run. It has a built in place for rear LED lights, a built in hitch. I don't think you can bend or flex this bumper. I have hit in many many times. I think the Jeep would break in half before you could break this bumper or make it flex. It is that tough.

Ace Rear bumper

Jeep Wrangler JL Front & Rear Bumper General Opinions 1681039234241

I use my Jeep for off roading and Jeep travel. It is often wheeled multiple days a week for months on end. So when I say they are tough it is not an exaggeration. They are expensive. It is a buy once cry once purchase. Note they are heavy.