Front & Rear Bumper General Opinions

545moose

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX460
Great thread; definitely some bumper overload!

I'm trying to narrow down my own and definitely agree with the mounting inside the frame rails for protection from UV and theft (as best as possible). That said, I'm considering the following, really want to stick to the same manufacturer for both, and want to go full width, but I'd compromise with the mid-width for the CavFab:

ARB
Warn
Rusty's
CavFab

Anyone with these already feel free to share, love to see what you think.

OP
OP
Astro Jeep

Astro Jeep

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Silver Zynith JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Marine, Full-time Overlander.
Great thread; definitely some bumper overload!

I'm trying to narrow down my own and definitely agree with the mounting inside the frame rails for protection from UV and theft (as best as possible). That said, I'm considering the following, really want to stick to the same manufacturer for both, and want to go full width, but I'd compromise with the mid-width for the CavFab:

ARB
Warn
Rusty's
CavFab

Anyone with these already feel free to share, love to see what you think.
CavFab for the rear bumper is who I am going to go with. CavFab has been quick to answer all of my questions. I will most likely try to find a MOPAR take off bumper for my front. It is just really hard to find a stubby that can run fogs with a recessed winch.

90% of my off-roading will be overlanding to camping spots. The remaining 10% will probably mild rock crawling which means I really don't need a stubby. However, a goal on my bucket list is to do the Rubicon in the next two years, and I really don't want to be buying and selling bumpers. I need one that works the first time for me, and that seems to be the MOPAR steel stubby.

545moose

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX460
CavFab for the rear bumper is who I am going to go with. CavFab has been quick to answer all of my questions. I will most likely try to find a MOPAR take off bumper for my front. It is just really hard to find a stubby that can run fogs with a recessed winch.

90% of my off-roading will be overlanding to camping spots. The remaining 10% will probably mild rock crawling which means I really don't need a stubby. However, a goal on my bucket list is to do the Rubicon in the next two years, and I really don't want to be buying and selling bumpers. I need one that works the first time for me, and that seems to be the MOPAR steel stubby.
Yeah their stuff looks great, and for their price I might even be able to live with the mid-width they offer; asked about plans for a full width option but they confirmed there are none at the moment :\

Jreycnc

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 3.6/AT JLUR, 21 392
Vehicle Showcase
I had the exact same specs when I was picking my plastic bumper replacement. I went with LOD. I've seen a couple of the destroyer stubby bumpers posted but I went with the signature series. No JL yet to install it on but its sitting in my garage.

Jeep Wrangler JL Front & Rear Bumper General Opinions 1643254035156

Sponsored

OP
OP
Astro Jeep

Astro Jeep

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Silver Zynith JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
I had the exact same specs when I was picking my plastic bumper replacement. I went with LOD. I've seen a couple of the destroyer stubby bumpers posted but I went with the signature series. No JL yet to install it on but its sitting in my garage.

Jeep Wrangler JL Front & Rear Bumper General Opinions 1643254035156
That looks pretty sweet. I guess I need to go to the LOD website and check it out.

OP
OP
Astro Jeep

Astro Jeep

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Silver Zynith JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
I just found this one from Next Venture Motorsports. You can get a 7" stringer that is cam trail friendly on it as well as an 11" stringer. I would black out that logo as I would with all logos. I hate large logos.

Screen Shot 2022-02-01 at 6.00.46 AM.png

JimmyR75

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2014 JK — Previous: 2004 TJ, 1994 YJ
I just found this one from Next Venture Motorsports. You can get a 7" stringer that is cam trail friendly on it as well as an 11" stringer. I would black out that logo as I would with all logos. I hate large logos.

Jeep Wrangler JL Front & Rear Bumper General Opinions Screen Shot 2022-02-01 at 6.00.46 AM
I really dig that bumper, and others like it that have simple lines to their design. Also not a huge fan of branding, but theirs is at least an emblem rather than lettering, and not a bad one either. Maybe a gloss black would look good for it, to tone it down a little from the silver.

LCW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(formerly '22 JLUR) '23 Bronco Badlands 2dr 2.7
I chose the Rugged Ridge Arcus. Straight forward install, didn’t even need to call out the BFH. Quadratec winch fit easy and I can still pull off the grill if needed without having to move the winch. I’m sure it’s not as strong as the welded steel offerings because it is stamped steel, but I liked the fact that it is lighter.

The fog lights are Diode Dynamics SS3 and they mounted up with no issue. I ran the factory fog lights before switching to the SS3’s. The Rigid 360 driving lights were mounted by drilling through the top of the bumper with a step bit.

Jeep Wrangler JL Front & Rear Bumper General Opinions Screen Shot 2022-02-01 at 6.00.46 AM
Is there a skid plate (looks like in the top pic) available to protector the Rubicon sway bar disconnect area?

19 JLUR Bright Whit3

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Stretched 2 door Rubi (LOL)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Punisher
Vehicle Showcase
Is there a skid plate (looks like in the top pic) available to protector the Rubicon sway bar disconnect area?
I think youre looking at the winch plate in the photo. I'm sure they make a skid for the sway disconnect, but its doesnt seem like its included with just the bumper.

Reactions: LCW

Sponsored

Jazzicon

First Name
Jasmine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Extreme Recon, 2021 Toyota
There is not, but I did recently order the skid. Here is a pic with the skid
Jeep Wrangler JL Front & Rear Bumper General Opinions 18945DD6-30EA-4138-B24A-F3BA8D1B866F

tack

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Hefty Fab Works. Hand Made in America by a small fab shop in Colorado. They have a recessed winch mount, are full steel and come in at 66 lbs which is in aluminum territory. The only caveat is they come in bare steel so you will need to paint or powder coat.

IMG_1587.jpeg

IMG_1589.jpeg
@Buddy Lee What license plate relocation kit did you use here?
Did you end up painting or powder coating and how has that held up for you?
Do you have any side profile photos of the front and rear bumper you might share?

Last edited:

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase

Jeep Wrangler JL Front & Rear Bumper General Opinions 18945DD6-30EA-4138-B24A-F3BA8D1B866F
I have this one. No complaints other than it's really heavy. Would probably check into aluminum next time around but this looks brand new still.

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs