Front & Rear Bumper General Opinions

tack

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Hefty Fab Works. Hand Made in America by a small fab shop in Colorado. They have a recessed winch mount, are full steel and come in at 66 lbs which is in aluminum territory. The only caveat is they come in bare steel so you will need to paint or powder coat.

IMG_1587.jpeg

IMG_1589.jpeg
@Buddy Lee What license plate relocation kit did you use here?
Did you end up painting or powder coating and how has that held up for you?
Do you have any side profile photos of the front and rear bumper you might share?

Last edited:

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
I had the exact same specs when I was picking my plastic bumper replacement. I went with LOD. I've seen a couple of the destroyer stubby bumpers posted but I went with the signature series. No JL yet to install it on but its sitting in my garage.

1643254035156.png
I have this one. No complaints other than it's really heavy. Would probably check into aluminum next time around but this looks brand new still.

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry JLR
OP
OP
Astro Jeep

Astro Jeep

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Silver Zynith JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Marine, Preparing to be a full time Overlander.
@Metal Dawg Did you decide on front bumper yet? I am installing mine now and I absolutely love the RockHard 4x4 Aluminum mid width bumper with lowered winch plate.

The factory LED fog lights were simple plug and play.

BUT... running into a little problem. See my new thread on the issue. Depending on the Warn winch you might struggle like me.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...-warn-zeon-winch-on-aftermarket-bumper.90555/
I haven't decided yet. I am looking at the ACE JL Expedition Series Stubby Bumper (Bull Bar) but I haven't pulled the trigger yet. I have all kinds of spreadsheets going for my build though. I won't be starting my build until May so I still have some time. That is good info on the Warn winch issue.

Buddy Lee

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon Unlimited
@Buddy Lee What license plate relocation kit did you use here?
Did you end up painting or powder coating and how has that held up for you?
Do you have any side profile photos of the front and rear bumper you might share?
I had a local shop E-coat the bumpers and then powder coat them semi-gloss black. The paint has held up really well despite hitting a few rocks. I chose not to mount a front license plate as here in Cali, PD is so busy with other issues they don't bother enforcing the front plate laws. I do know there are a few options that mount around the winch outlet and allow the plate to fold up out of the way.

IMG_1301.jpeg

IMG_1043.jpeg

IMG_1044.jpeg

IMG_1300.jpeg

IMG_0840.jpeg

Randy Marion CDJR