Front Mud Flaps for JL Rubicon ?

Jozz

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1948 CJ2A, 2006 TJ Rubicon, 2018 JLU Rubicon
I've come to the conclusion that molded front mudflats for my JL are not available. I purchased a molded set from Ebay because the seller had them listed as compatable. Well, they were not, so tried modifying them and was not happy with the look so i'm back to square one. Does anyone know if any of the aftermarket or Jeep plans on making these?
Sponsored

BLLFRG

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4

Litfuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 C7 Grand Sport, 2019 Ram 1500, 2017 Audi Q5.
I purchased universal mud flaps off Amazon and they have worked perfectly and a must for anyone with a JLR.

Sponsored

FWB FL

First Name
LArry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL unlimited
I have looked every where a person can for Rubicon front flaps and they are no where to be found. It is crazy in this day and age these are not made by some one for this vehicle.

KDB

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 Door JLR
Vehicle Showcase
I purchased universal mud flaps off Amazon and they have worked perfectly and a must for anyone with a JLR.
@Litfuse, Do you have pictures and write up on what you purchased? It may help others knowing what flaps you purchased and how you did the install as I’m sure there was some modifications needed to make these work on a JLR with the rock rail and all.

Litfuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 C7 Grand Sport, 2019 Ram 1500, 2017 Audi Q5.
@Litfuse, Do you have pictures and write up on what you purchased? It may help others knowing what flaps you purchased and how you did the install as I’m sure there was some modifications needed to make these work on a JLR with the rock rail and all.
https://www.amazon.com/Highland-100...=mud+flaps&dpPl=1&dpID=41rg-uHfFrL&ref=plSrch

These were the flaps I purchased. They are not form molded, but heavy rubberized flaps and they have worked perfectly. I was able to attach them with two screws through the inner fender lining and then two bolts that run through the flap near the bottom of the inner fender liner. At the bottom, there is a heavy plastic bracket that the liner attaches to. I made my measurements, drilled holes into my flaps and ran my bolts through the flaps, the liner and the bracket for a strong support. The bottom of the flap is about 10 inches from the bottom of the ground and sticks out about a half an inch on the side of the fender. Not a single rock hits the side of my Jeep or fenders and I drive down a rock road everyday.

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase

bbasista

First Name
Brenda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Unlimited Rubicon
I was monitoring this thread while looking for front flaps for my JL Rubicon. Rockblockz were the only one's I could find. I decided to order, they arrived in 3 days and were installed this this morning in about 20minutes. Very easy to install and they look great. I expect they will protect the sides from flying stones and gravel but will let you know in a few weeks after some regular driving. My only complaint is the thumb screws are white/gray but a little black paint will solve that!
https://rokblokz.com/collections/jeep-mud-flaps

I have attached a few pics to help those interested. These are regular size v. XL
pic3.jpg
pic2.jpg
Pic1.jpg

Sponsored

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
I was monitoring this thread while looking for front flaps for my JL Rubicon. Rockblockz were the only one's I could find. I decided to order, they arrived in 3 days and were installed this this morning in about 20minutes. Very easy to install and they look great. I expect they will protect the sides from flying stones and gravel but will let you know in a few weeks after some regular driving. My only complaint is the thumb screws are white/gray but a little black paint will solve that!
Yep... so far the Rokblokz are the only game in town (far as I can tell). At present I only have the fronts on, will add the rears once I replace the plastic rear bumper. But there's only so much any mud flap can do when going through mud too fast... though it did keep most of the mud off the side!

IMG_1368 1.JPG

IMG_1383.JPG

8flat

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR

I have attached a few pics to help those interested. These are regular size v. XL
pic3.jpg
pic2.jpg
Pic1.jpg
Those look pretty good. Will the quick connectors hold up long term, in your opinion? I live on a bad gravel road, they'll get hammered by rocks every day.

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase

Greg H

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon
Yep... so far the Rokblokz are the only game in town (far as I can tell). At present I only have the fronts on, will add the rears once I replace the plastic rear bumper. But there's only so much any mud flap can do when going through mud too fast... though it did keep most of the mud off the side!

IMG_1368 1.JPG

IMG_1383.JPG
Thanks for the info. I don't like the look but I have to do something. The door hinges and rear painted fenders are getting lots of chips in the paint from flying rocks.

Steevr

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Rubicon, 2015 F-150 Platinum
WeatherTech just released their no-drill mudflaps, but not for the Rubicon. I spoke with one of their reps and they said to check back in a few months. I can't believe it either that no one makes them yet.

In the meantime, I bought a set of take off Sahara running boards from a member on this board and they did a good job over the winter in keeping the slush, salt and chips off the doors and hinges. Better than nothing.
Sponsored