First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
I’d Rather Talk Jeep’s!
So I’ve just learned that a little longer front Lower Control Arm is suggested to improve caster on a stock rig.

I’ll be installing an AEV 2.5” DualSport lift on my JLUR (when I finally obtain it) and on the AEV website it says that “Due to this suspension system’s lower lift height, there is no need to swap out any of the OE track bars, control arms or steering components.”

Well, I already have an Adjustable Front Track bar on hand to re-center the axle (as was suggested here on the forum). What about the front LCA? Anyone have experience with this lift and can shed some light on this for me? The lift does come with Control Arm correction brackets.

Thanks,
Jason
Sponsored

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ram TRX, 20' Gladiator LE
The beauty of the AEV is it doesn't change any of the stock suspension geometry. Don't over think it. It will ride a little firmer than stock until it settles. Nothing wrong with a stronger track bar but you don't need to spend anymore on your suspension.

discobean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I installed it just the other week. I installed the geometry correction brackets for front control arms set for the caster for a 2.5" lift, and when I went to get the wheel alignment they couldn't get my caster right, so it is almost 1 degree off where it should be.

I plan to just wait and see if the suspension settles and go in for another alignment later, if still not good I'll adjust the control arm caster adjuster plate to be at a greater than 2.5" lift and try aligning it again.

I also feel like the wheel alignment place might have been a bit dodgy and done a quick job. But you never know.

If all that fails I'll get adjustable lower control arms to fix the caster, and with it I'd get the track bar too.

I've read the track bar is only a cosmetic fix. Don't know how true it is.

Lastly, the the blocks they give you in the back to drop down the sway bar are made of some sort of plastic and they warp once you tighten them to the recommended 50ft lbs. I'd replace those with some aluminium ones. I plan to do that eventually.

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Sport, 2022 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Comptroller
The brackets change things, so you don’t need a new control arm. The brackets move the center of the control arm arc to a better position, shortening the length requirement back to stock length when lifted. If there were no brackets, an adjustable or longer lower control arm is desirable.

OP
OP
JasonInDLH

JasonInDLH

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
I’d Rather Talk Jeep’s!