Front Locker wiring connector issue

Poison Ivy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLURubi
I am in need of a replacement connector and pins for my front locker on my JLUR. I have a broken pin and unfortunately broke the pin cover when troubleshooting. Does anyone have a solution? I plan to call Hirschmann Automotive tomorrow for more info on replacement pin part numbers. The part number 805-122-581 is on the connector itself. I just figured that some of you have seen this before and possibly had another fix or idea from past experience.
Thanks!

5762FE15-EF1C-406F-AE86-3790F3CAF180.jpeg

5843ACFE-3F8C-4C0F-BCE1-FB66C9B77163.jpeg
Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I am in need of a replacement connector and pins for my front locker on my JLUR. I have a broken pin and unfortunately broke the pin cover when troubleshooting. Does anyone have a solution? I plan to call Hirschmann Automotive tomorrow for more info on replacement pin part numbers. The part number 805-122-581 is on the connector itself. I just figured that some of you have seen this before and possibly had another fix or idea from past experience.
Thanks!

You can buy a replacement connector that you splice in from the dealership.

OP
OP
Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLURubi
Sweet! I had no idea that they would actually sell items at that level. I figured itā€™d be whole harness or nothing. Thanks for the heads up Rock!

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Thanks!

Hi Poison Ivy,
I can certainly understand the concerns you are having with this part. I would recommend that you address this to your dealer- if you require any additional assistance during your visit, feel free to send us a private message.

Kathryn
JeepCares

Sponsored

OP
OP
Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLURubi
Hi Poison Ivy,
I can certainly understand the concerns you are having with this part. I would recommend that you address this to your dealer- if you require any additional assistance during your visit, feel free to send us a private message.

Kathryn
JeepCares
Kathryn,
Thanks for the response. There is no replacement partial harness nor connector and pins available for this. My only option as of this moment is to buy an entire harness and that is crazy expensive. I cannot find the part even in salvage yards throughout America. This connector is used on both the front and rear end. It appears that it is a Hirschmann Automotive piece from Austria (PN 805-122-581). I have yet to find an outlet for this item.
Thanks,
Mike

OP
OP
Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLURubi
You can buy a replacement connector that you splice in from the dealership.
Roky,
According to the dealership, they do not offer this item for the JL nor do they offer the connector and pins. What gives? If you have a part number for a 4 wire connector I am all over it. I have seen some 2 wire harnesses for auxiliary switch control, but I am needing a 4 wire OEM style unit.
Thanks,
Mike

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Roky,
According to the dealership, they do not offer this item for the JL nor do they offer the connector and pins. What gives? If you have a part number for a 4 wire connector I am all over it. I have seen some 2 wire harnesses for auxiliary switch control, but I am needing a 4 wire OEM style unit.
Thanks,
Mike
I called the dealership last week and just got off the phone with them after your post about the locker connector. I called it the oem locker connector, but apparently they thought I was asking about the two wire harness and being itā€™s a Mopar part oem didnā€™t register to them I was asking about the 4 pin connector. I would like to know how they would fix it under warranty, replace the whole axle assembly? Sorry about the mix up, I have a call into my buddy that works there, heā€™s looking into options.

OP
OP
Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLURubi
I called the dealership last week and just got off the phone with them after your post about the locker connector. I called it the oem locker connector, but apparently they thought I was asking about the two wire harness and being itā€™s a Mopar part oem didnā€™t register to them I was asking about the 4 pin connector. I would like to know how they would fix it under warranty, replace the whole axle assembly? Sorry about the mix up, I have a call into my buddy that works there, heā€™s looking into options.
Youā€™d be forced to install a complete new harness which is crazy the way itā€™s routed all up through the engine bay.

The Fixer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! JLS, 2018 Firecracker JLUSS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher
I had just typed a long-winded response and then searched over at http://connectors.dcctools.com only to find that the dealer was not wrong - it appears right now that there is no repair kit yet available. After you pull up the information for a 2018 Wrangler JL, it's listed under MODULE - AXLE DISCONNECT. This really doesn't make sense; FCA should have repair parts available or part numbers for the connectors available on their vehicles. Replacing the entire harness isn't a great option.

For many of the other connectors, they do have replacement parts. For example, I needed headlight connectors for a project I'm working on with my son. I looked through the resources here, and it gives you a Mopar repair kit part number which I Googled (about $40 each connector!), and also a regular part number. I Googled that part number and found out it is made by Molex, then tracked down an online supplier to get the connector and associated block-off pins and crimp ends to power the lights. That was CONSIDERABLY cheaper than the $80 through a dealer.

Maybe you can adapt a different male/female 4-wire waterproof connector and replace both sides? It wouldn't be OEM, but if the connector was easy to find (local auto parts store) you could get back up and running again.

Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Kathryn,
Thanks for the response. There is no replacement partial harness nor connector and pins available for this. My only option as of this moment is to buy an entire harness and that is crazy expensive. I cannot find the part even in salvage yards throughout America. This connector is used on both the front and rear end. It appears that it is a Hirschmann Automotive piece from Austria (PN 805-122-581). I have yet to find an outlet for this item.
Thanks,
Mike
Hi Mike,
I certainly am sorry to hear the difficulty of your situation. If you haven't chanced the diagnosis of your dealer, I do recommend doing so as a second opinion. I unfortunately am unable to locate these parts for you, so my suggestion is to advise someone who may be able to do so.

Kathryn
JeepCares

OP
OP
Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLURubi
It appears that these parts are all now listed on the Mopar Connectors site listed above for 2018-2020 JL and also the 2020 JT. The part number is 68396618AA. I have ordered one and will post the results soon.

Connectors.dcctools.com

upload_2020-2-18_15-15-37.png

The Fixer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! JLS, 2018 Firecracker JLUSS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher
It appears that these parts are all now listed on the Mopar Connectors site listed above for 2018-2020 JL and also the 2020 JT. The part number is 68396618AA. I have ordered one and will post the results soon.
Nice, glad you found it! Good luck with it, keep us posted.

OP
OP
Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLURubi
Fixed! The part number and package of parts worked great. The only thing I had to do is go with a little smaller heat shrink tubing. I think it will be a rock solid fix with soldered connections.
upload_2020-2-20_22-31-49.jpeg

Built connector and ready for install:
upload_2020-2-20_22-33-11.jpeg

I used a small piece of strap to ease the soldering process.
upload_2020-2-20_22-34-20.jpeg

Soldered wires with heat shrink
upload_2020-2-20_22-35-34.jpeg

Properly wrapped the wiring and installed the connector. Started it up and the code cleared right out. Issue solved!

upload_2020-2-20_22-33-4.jpeg

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Fixed! The part number and package of parts worked great. The only thing I had to do is go with a little smaller heat shrink tubing. I think it will be a rock solid fix with soldered connections.
upload_2020-2-20_22-31-49.jpeg

Built connector and ready for install:
upload_2020-2-20_22-33-11.jpeg

I used a small piece of strap to ease the soldering process.
upload_2020-2-20_22-34-20.jpeg

Soldered wires with heat shrink
upload_2020-2-20_22-35-34.jpeg

Properly wrapped the wiring and installed the connector. Started it up and the code cleared right out. Issue solved!

upload_2020-2-20_22-33-4.jpeg
Good job brother..... where did you order it from ?
Also did it come with front and rear connector? Thanks
Sponsored