Sponsored

Front license plate with steel bumpers?

unsavory

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR 2.0T Auto, 2019 JLUR V6 Manual (sold)
For those of you in California that bought a Wrangler here with the steel bumpers, how did your dealer attach the plates?

Every car I've ever bought in Cali has had the front plate holder drilled into the bumper, which is hideous since the first thing I do is remove the front plate and have to look at ugly holes in my bumper.

Are the Cali dealers mounting the front plates the same way?
Sponsored

Sheepjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 xj, 04 Silverado 2500hd
From what I have seen most places are screwing then into the front plastic part on the street bumper which get replaced by the fairlead when a winch is installed. I wouldn't be surprised if you could find a retirement Mopar pay number for that plastic bit out a take off from someone installing a winch or just install a winch.

OP
OP
unsavory

unsavory

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR 2.0T Auto, 2019 JLUR V6 Manual (sold)
From what I have seen most places are screwing then into the front plastic part on the street bumper which get replaced by the fairlead when a winch is installed. I wouldn't be surprised if you could find a retirement Mopar pay number for that plastic bit out a take off from someone installing a winch or just install a winch.
That's great news, thank you. I do plan to install a winch.

Sponsored

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
Just as sheepjeep suggests
SUNP0210_zpse6xk7cic.jpg

W.E.

JIMBO

cmb

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon, 2020 Toyota Tacoma
I went with the Maximus 3 stealth license plate mount. Uses the existing bolts on the under side of the bumper

WestKY

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 4x4, Jl 2Dr Sport Granite Cyrstal Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
There are after market flip up plate holders that mount over the fairlead.allowing you to use the winch.

Sponsored

Columbus104

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Moab (white)
I'm not in Cali, but another state that requires front bumpers. However as all our surrounding states don't, cops aren't usually too active about looking for it and I've only heard of a few people getting warnings and no one ever actually receiving a citation for no front plate. Therefore to maintain the aesthetics of my Jeep, I simply asked my dealer to not screw the license plate bracket onto the bumper, and told him (with a wink) that I would do it myself after the personalized plates came in. They obliged, so I have no unsightly screw holes in my front bumper (although I do have the bracket in storage, should this ever become an issue in the future). So far, so good...

Tpham

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler sport s