Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone with no front plate in states that require it are just lucky, so far. The lion doesn't kill every gazelle, every drunk driver doesn't get caught every time they drive drunk. Most deputies and troopers will stop you for not having one if they aren't on a call, can get around fo stop you, or see you. City po!ice it is variable. Some city police don't have time to do it because of call loads. Some are lazy. But every LEO knows that someone that doesn't have proper vehicle/traffic compliance is very likely violating one or more laws - broken windows theory. So why gamble on an expensive ticket for a vanity issue? You know that back plate looks really ugly - get rid of that. And inspection stickers - who needs an inspection. Back in the good old days of law enforcement if someone had a vehicle violation you just pulled them over and kept beating them with your sap until they fixed it.:rock:
Sponsored

Sine Language

First Name
Nash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Anyone with no front plate in states that require it are just lucky, so far. The lion doesn't kill every gazelle, every drunk driver doesn't get caught every time they drive drunk. Most deputies and troopers will stop you for not having one if they aren't on a call, can get around fo stop you, or see you. City po!ice it is variable. Some city police don't have time to do it because of call loads. Some are lazy. But every LEO knows that someone that doesn't have proper vehicle/traffic compliance is very likely violating one or more laws - broken windows theory. So why gamble on an expensive ticket for a vanity issue? You know that back plate looks really ugly - get rid of that. And inspection stickers - who needs an inspection. Back in the good old days of law enforcement if someone had a vehicle violation you just pulled them over and kept beating them with your sap until they fixed it.:rock:
This guy must sell front license plate holders for a living...

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code

walweb

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR Mojito, 1993 YJ, 2001 Ram 2500, 2012 Ram Dually , 2014 Durango
Occupation
Retired
Expedition One Front Bumper didn't come with provision for front license plate so i made my own. works great for protecting the synthetic winch cable also.

Jeep Wrangler JL Front license plate with steel bumpers? {filename}

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I'm in New York and the only attention I've gotten from police is compliments. I even asked a few of them that stopped long enough to ask about my jeep, and they took one quick look and said "its there, and I'd be looked at like a jackass in the judges eye, if I wrote a summons about it being at an angle".
Jeep Wrangler JL Front license plate with steel bumpers? 20200813_083507_resized

Tejas392

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
waiting for my 392
Anyone in Texas using the angle stealth Maximus plate holder had a problem? I like it but the current 'code' says vertical. I support and have a respectful relations with law enforcement but sometimes with some guys it can get irritating and I prefer to avoid those interactions.

G-Oil Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC Canyon, 2021 JLUR Diesel - On order
Occupation
Engineer
Anyone in Texas using the angle stealth Maximus plate holder had a problem? I like it but the current 'code' says vertical. I support and have a respectful relations with law enforcement but sometimes with some guys it can get irritating and I prefer to avoid those interactions.
im in texas and using it. Besides didn’t they let the enforcement of it lapse in the legislature one or two sessions ago?

Tejas392

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
waiting for my 392
They did leave out enforcement at one point but have since corrected that to up to 500 fine. I just read somewhere that placement be vertical and the bottom no more than 12" from the ground. Obviously these are not a priority or I would have had a bunch of tickets so far on my lifted yukon and truck. I just put mine on with the mopar supplied bracket for now. When I get my winch I will look at options again.

Sponsored

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase

Chrisgraz14

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon JLU
I only saw posts here about after market license plate brackets. On my JLUR it didn't come with the correct factory mopar license plate bracket. In fact it came with the one for the non-steel bumper. So here is the correct part number for the steel bumper one: 68295610AA. Here is a pic on my Jeep.

Jeep Wrangler JL Front license plate with steel bumpers? 20200813_083507_resized
Does this require drilling

Jeepalady17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wragler Sport S
Mine does also - but only if the mounting is supplied by the manufacturer. If my steel bumper doesn't come with the mounting plate it is going plateless ;) Definitely a cleaner look.
Easy solution for me ... I have a winch as well. Bought industrial strength velcro and some metal glue and slid the license plate up under the winch a little bit.. No holes and it has gone thru a Colorado winter at 9300' elev where I live and I keep checking it and its solid as a rock and won't damage your bumper if you need to remove it.
Jeep Wrangler JL Front license plate with steel bumpers? thumbnail-1

Nvdardx28

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Does this require drilling
I think I used some self tapping screws that when into the stock plastic plate. Not ideal but I needed an inspection sticker.

Mdwilmoth

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon
Anyone have a part number for the new 24 Wrangler with factory winch? I want to see what the factory does for a license plate bracket with winch.
Sponsored