Front license plate with steel bumpers?

smokinjeep

First Name
jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL on order
The adhesive from the 3M Hook n Loop came loose from the plastic insert (lasted 10 months and 1 winter). Got bored and did this. Not sure about how it looks but it cost 3 washers & it will be a short term solution. Likely wouldn’t hold up well over a long trip on the interstate...

Just drilled 3 holes into the bottom of the bracket and used the bumpers bolts to lock it down.

3F2EFC75-DACD-4714-B1A9-A47DA60EB5C6.jpeg

70B170F1-99B2-4A6E-8530-B9FF3B74680A.jpeg

60F08CB0-7670-43B4-A798-A178282AB6A1.jpeg
No. No. No.
Sponsored

walweb

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR Mojito, 1993 YJ, 2001 Ram 2500, 2012 Ram Dually , 2014 Durango
Occupation
Retired
For those of you in California that bought a Wrangler here with the steel bumpers, how did your dealer attach the plates?

Every car I've ever bought in Cali has had the front plate holder drilled into the bumper, which is hideous since the first thing I do is remove the front plate and have to look at ugly holes in my bumper.

Are the Cali dealers mounting the front plates the same way?

Expedition One bumper had no provision for mounting front plate, so I made mine.

Jeep Wrangler JL Front license plate with steel bumpers? {filename}

tatarin

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB Mojito Sky One-Touch, 2015 Lexus RX350F-sport, 2005 Camry SE
Vehicle Showcase
I think everyone should just bend their front plate like I did because it looks the best!!!

Agent47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojito! JLU 2.0T (Built 7/4)
You can just 3M tape it to the center of the bumper if you don’t want to drill holes. There are various grades of it for automotive use and many manufacturers use tape to attach lip spoilers and over trim pieces.

¤|||||||¤

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
My Rubicon came with a plate holder that attaches to the plastic winch cover on steel bumber.

Sponsored

¤|||||||¤

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
The adhesive from the 3M Hook n Loop came loose from the plastic insert (lasted 10 months and 1 winter). Got bored and did this. Not sure about how it looks but it cost 3 washers & it will be a short term solution. Likely wouldn’t hold up well over a long trip on the interstate...

Just drilled 3 holes into the bottom of the bracket and used the bumpers bolts to lock it down.

Sorry, but I honestly cant tell if this was intended as a joke or if its real.

Please tell me it's a joke

Gellie

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
another vote for the maximus-3 stealth mount. Uses factory steel bumper bolts, easy to install, looks great and is rock solid. Just installed mine last night. Also, if your dealer DID install the mounting bracket (like mine did), you can get part number 68293980AA for like $13 from @AllMoparParts.com

Got pulled over last night for no front plate. Was able to talk my way out of ticket. LEO said its now a $180 fine and something about it escalating over a 3 yr period? Was going to install stock bracket on my 20 JLUR with steel bumper until i saw this. Would a LEO give you an equally hard time with this bracket given how low and tilted it looks. I saw something online about "non obstructed clear view of plate".

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
The Maximus stealth bracket was one of my gifts last Christmas and I put it on as soon as my jeep was delivered to the dealer a couple weeks later. Knock on wood, haven't had any cop issues. I know it doesn't fully adhere to the letter of the law in NY, but its still there and there's plenty of others running no plate or illegally modified plate for the cops to pick on. Again, knock on wood.

Gellie

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
The Maximus stealth bracket was one of my gifts last Christmas and I put it on as soon as my jeep was delivered to the dealer a couple weeks later. Knock on wood, haven't had any cop issues. I know it doesn't fully adhere to the letter of the law in NY, but its still there and there's plenty of others running no plate or illegally modified plate for the cops to pick on. Again, knock on wood.
Thanks. Do you know what size torx heads are on the bumper?

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I don't know the t# off hand, but I did use the ratchet and torx bit from the jeep tool pouch that came with the wrangler.