Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 Door Rubicon
another vote for the maximus-3 stealth mount. Uses factory steel bumper bolts, easy to install, looks great and is rock solid. Just installed mine last night. Also, if your dealer DID install the mounting bracket (like mine did), you can get part number 68293980AA for like $13 from @AllMoparParts.com

87FuKv7.jpg

bqCv3Fp.jpg
Is that the maximus front hoop?
Sponsored

Reactions: AFD

Solidaxle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 Door Rubicon
I only saw posts here about after market license plate brackets. On my JLUR it didn't come with the correct factory mopar license plate bracket. In fact it came with the one for the non-steel bumper. So here is the correct part number for the steel bumper one: 68295610AA. Here is a pic on my Jeep.

IMG_0071.jpg
I just picked up my 2019 with the steel bumper group my front bracket looks like yours. Does anybody have a picture of the correct one on the factory steel bumper. I got mine before the dealer installed it , it was in the back of the jeep there is no part number on it only a barcode scan.

Nvdardx28

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
I just picked up my 2019 with the steel bumper group my front bracket looks like yours. Does anybody have a picture of the correct one on the factory steel bumper. I got mine before the dealer installed it , it was in the back of the jeep there is no part number on it only a barcode scan.
Little confused by your question, that is the correct one on the factory steel bumper with the correct part number. My JLUR didn't come with the correct one so I had to buy it, after it came in and I installed it and took that picture.

Austin TX Jeep Rubicon

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Lawyer
I'm not in Cali, but another state that requires front bumpers. However as all our surrounding states don't, cops aren't usually too active about looking for it and I've only heard of a few people getting warnings and no one ever actually receiving a citation for no front plate. Therefore to maintain the aesthetics of my Jeep, I simply asked my dealer to not screw the license plate bracket onto the bumper, and told him (with a wink) that I would do it myself after the personalized plates came in. They obliged, so I have no unsightly screw holes in my front bumper (although I do have the bracket in storage, should this ever become an issue in the future). So far, so good...
Same here. Just made sure the dealer knew not to attach the front plate when my Jeep came in

Sponsored

Columbus104

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Moab (white)
Same here. Just made sure the dealer knew not to attach the front plate when my Jeep came in
Just out of curiosity, have you had any issues? We both live in cities with large universities and large tech sectors, both of which attract large numbers of out-of-state residents, including some from states w no front license plate laws. Therefore cops are accustomed to seeing vehicles with no front plate. Therefore in the 3 months I’ve had my Jeep I haven’t had any issues. Praying that day never comes.

Austin TX Jeep Rubicon

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Lawyer
Just out of curiosity, have you had any issues? We both live in cities with large universities and large tech sectors, both of which attract large numbers of out-of-state residents, including some from states w no front license plate laws. Therefore cops are accustomed to seeing vehicles with no front plate. Therefore in the 3 months I’ve had my Jeep I haven’t had any issues. Praying that day never comes.
As of now I haven't had any problems. Also before I purchased my Jeep, I drove a Acura without a front license plate for many years and never was pulled over for not having a front license plate. My wife's Lexus also does not have a front license plate and she has not had any issues.

5adventurers

First Name
Shelton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 Toyota 4Runner, 1991 Toyota Pickup
I didn't like it at the bottom of the bumper, and I don't plan on putting a winch on anytime soon so I went to Ace hardware and bought magnets and Velcro. The magnets were the mini magnets Vbut the shape of the bumper and plastic just didnt allow it to work well. The Velcro was 10lb rated for extreme outdoor use and uneven surfaces. I used 5 pieces. Does that equal 50lbs now??? Came out centered and leveled right where I wanted it. Hopefully no issues in the future.

Sponsored

HealthRebel

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLRU Ocean Blue
I'm not in Cali, but another state that requires front bumpers. However as all our surrounding states don't, cops aren't usually too active about looking for it and I've only heard of a few people getting warnings and no one ever actually receiving a citation for no front plate. Therefore to maintain the aesthetics of my Jeep, I simply asked my dealer to not screw the license plate bracket onto the bumper, and told him (with a wink) that I would do it myself after the personalized plates came in. They obliged, so I have no unsightly screw holes in my front bumper (although I do have the bracket in storage, should this ever become an issue in the future). So far, so good...
This is exactly what I did as well. Told my dealer “Do NOT mount the bracket!” We are supposed to have front plates in TX as well. I’ve been running without mine for over 10 years. No issues and I don’t know of anyone receiving a ticket for not having it.

Gellie

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
So do the dealers automatically drill into the steel bumper prior to delivery? Or are there existing holes?

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
So do the dealers automatically drill into the steel bumper prior to delivery? Or are there existing holes?
Since the factory steel bumper is winch ready, there is a plastic pop out panel where the fairlead and winch hook would be. That panel is where they drill holes to mount the front plate bracket, not through the steel. I personally dislike that plate bracket and location. Just looks cheap and cheesy. I went with the Maximus-3 stealth plate bracket, and it looks as sharp as it can get shy of not having a front plate at all.

CaddyshackGopher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
The adhesive from the 3M Hook n Loop came loose from the plastic insert (lasted 10 months and 1 winter). Got bored and did this. Not sure about how it looks but it cost 3 washers & it will be a short term solution. Likely wouldn’t hold up well over a long trip on the interstate...

Just drilled 3 holes into the bottom of the bracket and used the bumpers bolts to lock it down.

3F2EFC75-DACD-4714-B1A9-A47DA60EB5C6.jpeg

70B170F1-99B2-4A6E-8530-B9FF3B74680A.jpeg

60F08CB0-7670-43B4-A798-A178282AB6A1.jpeg

CaddyshackGopher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
The adhesive from the 3M Hook n Loop came loose from the plastic insert (lasted 10 months and 1 winter). Got bored and did this. Not sure about how it looks but it cost 3 washers & it will be a short term solution. Likely wouldn’t hold up well over a long trip on the interstate...

Just drilled 3 holes into the bottom of the bracket and used the bumpers bolts to lock it down.

3F2EFC75-DACD-4714-B1A9-A47DA60EB5C6.jpeg

70B170F1-99B2-4A6E-8530-B9FF3B74680A.jpeg

60F08CB0-7670-43B4-A798-A178282AB6A1.jpeg
It looks sorta goofy. I’ll likely just bite the bullet and screw it into the $20 plastic insert
Sponsored