Sponsored

Front license plate with steel bumpers?

fat_head

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Mine is ziptied to the bull bar. .25 cent fix.
Sponsored

Bubba33

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 jeep wrangler Sahara JL
33 bucks at Amazon and it flips up and atatches to winch.
part0(16).jpg

Wingman

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon in Mojito; 2017 Orange Blast Metallic Chevy SS
Occupation
Architect
I used Velcro!

dustanner

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4xe
My Jeep was a dealer trade and the original dealer installed the front plate holder before I had the chance to tell them no to. But, I was surprised at how decent it looks. I can add a pic tomorrow if helpful.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not in Cali, but another state that requires front bumpers. However as all our surrounding states don't, cops aren't usually too active about looking for it and I've only heard of a few people getting warnings and no one ever actually receiving a citation for no front plate. Therefore to maintain the aesthetics of my Jeep, I simply asked my dealer to not screw the license plate bracket onto the bumper, and told him (with a wink) that I would do it myself after the personalized plates came in. They obliged, so I have no unsightly screw holes in my front bumper (although I do have the bracket in storage, should this ever become an issue in the future). So far, so good...
For my JK with steel bumpers I bought a steel license plate frame and a couple of magnets at Walmart for $5. In six years it hasn't moved. Being a former deputy I can say most city police don't look for those kind of violations because they are busy on calls or looking for dead bodies hanging out of the trunk. Deputies and troopers constantly look for no front plate or that low hanging plate so they can pull you over to run you for warrants, see if you have been drinking or on drugs, search your vehicle, illegal guns, etc. So why ask for a cavity search by running without a plate? Plain stupid. Here they make big drug busts on the interstate every day for people from pot states running drugs to non-pot states including a couple in their 70s from the northeast returning from Colorado with 200 pounds of pot they had bought for "Christmas presents". And they make those arrests by stopping cars and trucks with expired plates, no plates, speeding, driving too slow, not signalling lane changes and about a hundred other vehicle code violations.

Sponsored

Columbus104

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Moab (white)
For my JK with steel bumpers I bought a steel license plate frame and a couple of magnets at Walmart for $5. In six years it hasn't moved. Being a former deputy I can say most city police don't look for those kind of violations because they are busy on calls or looking for dead bodies hanging out of the trunk. Deputies and troopers constantly look for no front plate or that low hanging plate so they can pull you over to run you for warrants, see if you have been drinking or on drugs, search your vehicle, illegal guns, etc. So why ask for a cavity search by running without a plate? Plain stupid. Here they make big drug busts on the interstate every day for people from pot states running drugs to non-pot states including a couple in their 70s from the northeast returning from Colorado with 200 pounds of pot they had bought for "Christmas presents". And they make those arrests by stopping cars and trucks with expired plates, no plates, speeding, driving too slow, not signalling lane changes and about a hundred other vehicle code violations.
Ok let’s clarify something. A cop does have full rationale to pull someone over for no front plate (or any other minor offense). And while doing that stop, they of course can run the driver for any outstanding warrants. But assuming no such warrants are found, a minor traffic offense is NOT reasonable cause to search a vehicle. Not that there’s anything for them to find (I don’t drink, own a gun, transport drugs, etc), but I do value personal liberty and I would never consent to a search of my vehicle. So all I’m looking at is a minor ticket here.

As a former LEO you know this, but for anyone else following this post. Unless the police have reasonable cause to believe there’s something illegal in your vehicle, you have to give consent for them to perform a search. Want to make sure everyone is aware of their rights.

RocketScientist

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford F150
Vehicle Showcase
Where did you find the plate that mounts on the bumper behind the license plate holder and fairlead? Did come as part of the license plate holder?
Yes, everything is included. Mounting "plate", hinge, extension (if needed) and stainless hardware. You can use whatever license plate frame you choose - it comes with a "Cascadia 4X4" plastic one. But your favorite team, logo, etc will all work.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Ok let’s clarify something. A cop does have full rationale to pull someone over for no front plate (or any other minor offense). And while doing that stop, they of course can run the driver for any outstanding warrants. But assuming no such warrants are found, a minor traffic offense is NOT reasonable cause to search a vehicle. Not that there’s anything for them to find (I don’t drink, own a gun, transport drugs, etc), but I do value personal liberty and I would never consent to a search of my vehicle. So all I’m looking at is a minor ticket here.

As a former LEO you know this, but for anyone else following this post. Unless the police have reasonable cause to believe there’s something illegal in your vehicle, you have to give consent for them to perform a search. Want to make sure everyone is aware of their rights.
If you refuse they just call for a drug dog. If he smells drugs they can search. And stats say quite a few people use drugs and the smell can remain after they are removed. So the minority may not have a problem but most people drink, many have drugs, some have warrants/illegal drugs/etc. And in some places they can tow and impound your car for something as simple as no front plate so why risk it.

Solidaxle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 Door Rubicon
If you refuse they just call for a drug dog. If he smells drugs they can search. And stats say quite a few people use drugs and the smell can remain after they are removed. So the minority may not have a problem but most people drink, many have drugs, some have warrants/illegal drugs/etc. And in some places they can tow and impound your car for something as simple as no front plate so why risk it.
I’ve been watching this new television show live PD and you are 100% correct everything you described happens on every episode. And I have also witnessed firsthand things that you said.

Sean K.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, TJ, 4Runner, Cummins tow rig, 2 Tube Frame Buggies, Lotus SC Elise, Mazda 3, RAV4 Hybrid

Ah...the gloriously failed War on Drugs. What a liberty-stealing, Constitutionally-questionable, piss poor joke on the American people.

Luckily, in my state, no requirement for front license plates.

Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Ah...the gloriously failed War on Drugs. What a liberty-stealing, Constitutionally-questionable, piss poor joke on the American people.

Luckily, in my state, no requirement for front license plates.
Having worked undercover narcotics I know you haven't a clue what the real world is like or you are a drug user. People that use drugs, including alcohol, are a huge problem for the world. Wanting to use drugs isn't what the founding fathers were thinking about when they wrote the Constitution. And all of the things you seem to think are illegal, including pulling someone over for no plates, have been upheld by SCOTUS. Just trying to point out the reality of people taking the risk of breaking a small law and finding out there is no reward for it.

Sean K.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, TJ, 4Runner, Cummins tow rig, 2 Tube Frame Buggies, Lotus SC Elise, Mazda 3, RAV4 Hybrid
Having worked undercover narcotics I know you haven't a clue what the real world is like or you are a drug user. People that use drugs, including alcohol, are a huge problem for the world. Wanting to use drugs isn't what the founding fathers were thinking about when they wrote the Constitution. And all of the things you seem to think are illegal, including pulling someone over for no plates, have been upheld by SCOTUS. Just trying to point out the reality of people taking the risk of breaking a small law and finding out there is no reward for it.
And your mindset of I must be a "user" is exactly why you likely fit in so well in the authoritarian construct of law enforcement.

For your information, not that I owe you any explanation, I've NEVER USED ANY ILLICIT drug. I rarely drink alcohol and almost never to the point of actually being legally intoxicated.

The founders would have likely thought that if one wishes to use alcohol/drugs to the point of inebriation that would be fine, provided no one else's NATURAL, NEGATIVE rights were infringed by said use. Here's some proof: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fugio_Cent
Pay close attention to the motto on the coin Franklin designed.

And that's the crux of the problem with your mindset....you clearly don't understand the critical importance of the differentiation.

Beating one's wife is illegal b/c you're violating her natural rights. Using alcohol as an excuse for why you did it is of little relevance, just as claiming you beat her b/c you have anger management issues, a bad day at work or that she's a whore, don't matter either.

Violating other's natural rights is a huge problem for the world (especially when agents of the state are the ones doing it since they should be held to a higher standard considering they wield the power of the state up to and including pain of death and have its backing). What's not a problem is choosing to ingest a substance into your body.

Now, you may ask why, when it affects people's ability to make good judgements?. The answer is that people have to be responsible for their actions. They may choose to use drugs or alcohol that then makes it easier for them to act out on things they might not have, had they been sober....but who made the decision to use the substance in the first place? No one forced them. This issue is about personal responsibility/accountability and the consequences and ramifications of one's actions and taking responsibility for those actions.

It comes down to a very basic principle with which I'm positive the founders would agree: Who owns your body? You or government? If the answer is the latter (and the War on Drugs has made exactly that claim) then you effectively have no rights....and it spills over into every aspect of our civil liberties (I'd argue, just as intended as it is a great mechanism for control). True freedom comes with the heavy burden of consequences for the actions you undertake while exercising that liberty...just as it should. Rather than seek to institute an unobtainable nanny state wherein government protects us from ourselves, I'd argue the founders would have rightly sought to punish those who can't, won't or don't act responsibly and injure their fellow man rather than seeking to shackle the rest of us for the failures of the few.

As for the SCOTUS.....you seem to be under the same delusion about its power that the rest of the citizenry is regarding the outright theft of power by Chief Justice Marshall in appropriating to the court powers which were never intended as final arbiter of all things Constitutional. Until we break that ill-advised worship of the office, things will likely remain in the same pitiful state they are now, with a very clearly BROKEN justice system in which we have two separate systems of justice; one for the common man and one for the politically well-connected and officers of the court.

In point of fact, the SCOTUS is of the same species of fallible beings today that once ruled slavery legal and that a black man was only 3/5ths of a human being. Still want to hang your hat on what they've deemed legal and constitutional? I don't. Especially in light of the latest ruling by an allegedly "conservative, original-intent Justice" like Roberts weaponizing the PPACA and making it a "tax" with all the legal ramifications thereof. Remember: "Government is not reason. It is not eloquence. It is FORCE. Like fire, a dangerous servant and a fearful master."(-attributed as apocryphal to Washington, but relevant none the less and plenty of evidence for it being widely espoused prior to our Revolution as preached from the pulpit).

Anyway...by now, I'm sure this is TLDR....so WTFever, but I will say that I never advocated not running a front plate in a backwards ;) state that requires them, so your beef is obviously only the (not even personal) jab at the WoD which begs the question, how by ANY measurable, quantifiable standard has the WoDs been a success at its stated aim of reducing drug use? Einstein's been credited with defining insanity as doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result (which we've been doing officially since Nixon was in office). I'd love to know your thoughts on how we turn a corner on this issue.

Last edited:

Nvdardx28

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
I only saw posts here about after market license plate brackets. On my JLUR it didn't come with the correct factory mopar license plate bracket. In fact it came with the one for the non-steel bumper. So here is the correct part number for the steel bumper one: 68295610AA. Here is a pic on my Jeep.

IMG_0071.jpg

Solidaxle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 Door Rubicon
I ordered the steel bumper group and asked dealer not install my front license plate to avoid the drilling. I’m getting one of those stealth license plate holder’s. Now I’m going to check the license plate bracket they gave me to make sure it’s correct for my jeep.