TheoYJ

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep YJ, Jeep JL
Hi everyone,

I wanted to remove the coloured grille from my JL, and replace it with a satin black grille. In this forum and at all order pages I`ve seen you can read that Rubicon and Sahara modells have a grille made of 4 parts, middle part and three coloured moldings around. At the other hand, the grille of Sport modells is only one piece without any separate moldings.

I own an (european ) JL Sahara, so I ordered the satin black grille (the middle part) only, because I wanted to install the 3 coloured moldings from my original grille around the new black middle piece.

https://www.allmoparparts.com/sku/82215114.html

Last week order arrived, and today I tried to install it, but - surprise - the coloured grille in my Sahara is only one part, there are no separate moldings to take of. So there is the grille of a Sport modell in my Sahara.

I don`t know, but I think that is another "special feature" of the european JL-modell.

So - if anybody will do the same and replace the coloured grille with a satin black one - first have a look at your grille bevor you`ll oder the parts...

I had to order these 3 moldings separatly today (another 168 Dollar including shipping :() - and I`ll have to get them painted in my body colour...

https://www.allmoparparts.com/sku/jlgrillemolding.html

Andy
Sponsored

taram

First Name
Marat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 2020 2.2 Diesel Punk'n RHD
Oh, sorry to hear that. Can’t comment as my Jeep is still shipping somewhere... I’ve ordered the BOLT HOOD LOCK which installation suggests removing the middle section of the black net behind the grill - hopefully will not have any issues with that since UK jeeps come with that lock preinstalled... but that variety of features depending on the region is pissing me off!

OP
OP
TheoYJ

TheoYJ

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep YJ, Jeep JL
After another 4 weeks shipping time and waiting for the paint job, yesterday I finaly installed the black grille....

056.jpg

It`a bad picture, bad weather and no sun around here... - but I love it :involve:

I have been to our local Jeep dealer, and all european JL there, Rubicon and Sahara, have a grille made in one part like a Sport.

I had to pay 250$ for the black grille and another 220$ for shipping and import taxes. Than I had to re-order the 3 moldings seperatly, another 180$ for shipping an taxes, plus 140$ for painting - all together 790$ :(

If I had known this before, I had chosed to paint the red grille with plastidip...

Andy

Last edited:

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
After another 4 weeks shipping time and waiting for the paint job, yesterday I finaly installed the black grille....

056.jpg

It`a bad picture, bad weather and no sun around here... - but I love it :involve:

I have been to our local Jeep dealer, and all european JL there, Rubicon and Sahara, have a grille made in one part like a Sport.

I had to pay 250$ for the plack grille and another 220$ for shipping and import taxes. Than I had to re-order the 3 moldings seperatly, another 180$ for shipping an taxes, plus 140$ for painting - all together 790$ :(

If I had known this before, I had chosed to paint the red grille with plastidip...

Andy
Well In the end, Your Jeep looks great!!!

Plasmadaddy

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Overland. 2019 Harley Davidson CVO Road Glide.
Great looking Jeep!
What wheels do you have? Hope you don't mind me asking?!