Front end squeaky noise going over small bumps around 40+ MPH

JTDau

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JT
Hey @PerfectDuke, do you recall what was greased? I'm assuming it might've been the slide pins? I've got the Tweety bird effect happening on my passenger side.
Sponsored

eck

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU MOAB HellaYella
Hey @PerfectDuke, do you recall what was greased? I'm assuming it might've been the slide pins? I've got the Tweety bird effect happening on my passenger side.
Mine squeaks from the metal brake hardware that clips into the caliper bracket. If i grease it up it will stop for a few months but it always comes back after a while.

OP
OP
PerfectDuke

PerfectDuke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
I don't remember what exactly they lubed up.

I can tell you the squeak is back and it is quite bothersome.

JTDau

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JT
After a while, I was able to duplicate the issue the OP is having. When brake pressure is applied, the squeak goes away. I'm going to take my caliper off and clean/lube the slide pins and see what happens. I'll report back.

mcgilla25

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler JLU Willys
I have the same issue as OP does...on a 2022 Willys unlimited. The dealership said that sand is getting between the caliper slide pins. They lubed the slide pins and the issue is resolved for now. It will come back though. Their advice to permanently resolve the issue is "make sure after driving on a dirt road or if you're going through water or anything to just rinse the Jeep off good"
Sponsored