Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Not long after the install, I am hearing a high-pitched rattle that sounds like it's coming from around the front axle area when I go over even the slightest bump, and it only makes the sound when i hit a bump. Does anyone know what this could be?
Sponsored

Dagwood

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL, 1999 Jeep xj, 2008 Scion XB, 2015 Scion XB, 1966 Ford F100, 1969 Oldsmobile
Sounds like something worked it's way loose. First thing I would do is torque check all bolts from lift and shocks.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
The entire front end of my 2013 JKR rattled after I put 35” MTs. Each General Grabber MT weighed 90 lbs! The added weight of the tires added significant stress on the suspension and steering components.

By 13,000 miles the Jeep needed a new tie rod and drag link. The dealer recommended I go with a beefier setup than factory or I’d be in the exact place in a few months. At the recommendation of the experts, I had the dealer install a YETI kit from Steer Smarts.

Problem solved; all the rattling was gone. Not only that, my Jeep tracked much better on the freeway with the beefier aftermarket setup.

OP
OP
floridasun

floridasun

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
The entire front end of my 2013 JKR rattled after I put 35” MTs. Each General Grabber MT weighed 90 lbs! The added weight of the tires added significant stress on the suspension and steering components.

By 13,000 miles the Jeep needed a new tie rod and drag link. The dealer recommended I go with a beefier setup than factory or I’d be in the exact place in a few months. At the recommendation of the experts, I had the dealer install a YETI kit from Steer Smarts.

Problem solved; all the rattling was gone. Not only that, my Jeep tracked much better on the freeway with the beefier aftermarket setup.
Thank you... this is very helpful.

Sponsored

OP
OP
floridasun

floridasun

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds like something worked it's way loose. First thing I would do is torque check all bolts from lift and shocks.
Thank you! It ended up being the top bolt of the shock. All good now!

OP
OP
floridasun

floridasun

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase

It ended up just being the top bolt of the front driver's side shock. Torked it up and it's fine now.