OP

dgerb

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 392
Glad I read this. Installing my MC skids today. Got the Adam’s front 1350 and 3.5 GC on already.
How do you like the MC 3.5 GC? What shocks did you go with? I'm getting the 3.5 GC with Fox 2.5 DSC's in a couple of weeks. Also are you getting any driveshaft vibration?....sorry for all the questions...
Sponsored

ozon8r

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392 Hydro Blue
Build Thread
Link
Adams 1350 front is a 2” non-greaseable CV
See post #12 above. The U joints are non grease-able. However, in addition to the slip yoke periodic greasing, the CV on t-case side of DS requires periodic grease and more often for vehicles in full time 4 wheel drive.

I have a spare Adams 1350 front drive shaft and can facetime you to show you where the grease fitting is and what part requires the grease if you like. DM me and we can schedule a demo.

Last edited:

GSLSE21B

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jLURD
See post #12 above. The U joints are non grease-able. However, in addition to the slip yoke periodic greasing, the CV on t-case side of DS requires periodic grease and more often for vehicles in full time 4 wheel drive.

I have a spare Adams 1350 front drive shaft and can facetime you to show you where the grease fitting is and what part requires the grease if you like. DM me and we can schedule a demo.
My front Adams 1350 CV is a 2” non grease able centering ball

MSparks909

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 3.0
I know the Metalcloak has more flex than the Clayton lifts but do you all think a front driveshaft is necessary if one went with a Clayton 3.5” lift? I’m working out my planned build while I wait on my 392XR to be built. In between a 2.5” Clayton and true 37s/beadlocks or a 3.5” and 39s. I don’t mind maintenance but greasing that driveshaft sounds like a PITA. I’ll have Next Venture skids on mine as well and don’t know how easy it will be to grease the driveshaft once the skids are on.

ozon8r

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392 Hydro Blue
Build Thread
Link
Don and I are talking about the Adams 1350 Extreme Duty front drive shaft currently offered by Adams. And the U-joints are non greaseable. However, the half CV and the slip yoke require grease and have zerks for maintenance.

There is absolutely no doubt that this 1350 extreme duty front drive shaft currently offered by Adams requires frequent grease maintenance on the slip yoke and on the half cv joint end.

Here is a video from Adams on YouTube that describes what maintenance is required,

Sponsored

OP
OP

dgerb

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 392
Do
Don and I are talking about the Adams 1350 Extreme Duty front drive shaft currently offered by Adams. And the U-joints are non greaseable. However, the half CV and the slip yoke require grease and have zerks for maintenance.

There is absolutely no doubt that this 1350 extreme duty front drive shaft currently offered by Adams requires frequent grease maintenance on the slip yoke and on the half cv joint end.

Here is a video from Adams on YouTube that describes what maintenance is required,
I'm hoping for a recommendation in a couple of weeks when I take my rig to a 4x4 shop to have the lift and shocks installed. The shop said they will look at it and come up with a solution. May involve cutting access hole in skid at the transfer case end. The slip joint is a regular zerk and is reachable, but the half CV joint is a flat zerk requiring a needle grease gun fitting near the transfer case. I'm surprised MC didn’t think of the access problem.

AFdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 Wrangler
How do you like the MC 3.5 GC? What shocks did you go with? I'm getting the 3.5 GC with Fox 2.5 DSC's in a couple of weeks. Also are you getting any driveshaft vibration?....sorry for all the questions...
Hey. Sorry for the late reply.

I had a vibration at highway speed with the MC provided 1310 front drive shaft. I returned it and got an Adam's 1350. No vibes now.

I went with the 6paks. The ride was a little stiff at first but things have settled down nicely in the month everything has been installed.

Those Fox's should be a nice ride too.

And looking ahead to another question you asked in another thread, I did not have a before measurement, but with my 37" KM3 tires on the 3.5" GC my highest point on my vehicle (was worried about garage clearance) is now 79.5"

ozon8r

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392 Hydro Blue
Build Thread
Link
To share with those following this thread, my OEM front drive shaft measurement as specified by Adams and post lift install remained the same. Both measured at 37.5" pre and post lift from tranny lip to front axle flange.
Sponsored