Sponsored

Front bumper with receiver hitch and tow bar brackets

petrey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon, 3.6L, 8-spd auto, granite crystal metalic, leather, remote proximity keyless entry, trailer tow and HD electrical, safety group, cold weather group, hard top
I need both the ability to flat tow my new JLR behind my truck camper (so I need to connect a tow bar) and would also like a receiver hitch in the front (to more easily move my boat around in tight storage area) so I'm wondering if anyone is familiar with a replacement bumper that has both tow bar brackets and a 2" receiver hitch (haven't found it online yet) ... or a tow bar base plate with a 2" receiver hitch.
Sponsored

JDP

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Pics! We need pics!!

Sponsored

RavenJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito 2016 Granite Backcountry 2007 Camp Jeep

ebeast

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Pics! We need pics!!
Here ya go JDP and RavenJeep. I didn't snap any shots during the install, but here is the finished product.

First shot shows how nice and snug the hitch sits below the front bumper.

rubiHitch2.jpg

Next shot shows the cut needed in the facia. The Curt instructions called for 3" wide and 5" deep, which I followed. After reinstalling the facia I wish I had gone about 1/4" less in each direction, for a tighter fit.
rubiHitch3.jpg

JDP

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Think I will be doing this as well! Got steel bumpers though so may be a bit more difficult. Your skid plate is plastic not steel right?

JDP

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Thanks for the quick response as well

ebeast

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Think I will be doing this as well! Got steel bumpers though so may be a bit more difficult. Your skid plate is plastic not steel right?
Yes, the skid plate front piece (what I call facia) is plastic, and there is a steel piece behind that which gets removed. That is the reason Curt includes the steel tabs for reattaching the plastic shield.

I am thinking about getting the steel bumper, so I will be interested to hear how it fits for you.

Sponsored

ttsquirrel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU
the draw tight has a higher pull capacity and tongue load than the curt. 9K vs 3.5K line pull and 500 lb vs 350 lb tongue load. Looking to mount a motorcycle on the front so i can tow in the back. i guess i'll have to go with the draw tight just because of the specs.

TTS

Showtyme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jku
the draw tight has a higher pull capacity and tongue load than the curt. 9K vs 3.5K line pull and 500 lb vs 350 lb tongue load. Looking to mount a motorcycle on the front so i can tow in the back. i guess i'll have to go with the draw tight just because of the specs.

TTS

TTS
Hi I have a 2008 jku rubicon with the factory plastic bumper, warn power plant winch and curt 31432 front hitch.

I am wondering if I upgrade the bumper to the 10A front bumper if it will b compatible with the winch and the front bumper?

Thx

PA JLUR

First Name
Cos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Hi I have a 2008 jku rubicon with the factory plastic bumper, warn power plant winch and curt 31432 front hitch.

I am wondering if I upgrade the bumper to the 10A front bumper if it will b compatible with the winch and the front bumper?

Thx
BUMP. I am wondering the same thing. Has anyone installed a Front Hitch Receiver on their Mopar Factory Steel Bumper/ through steel skid plate, with Winch Installed?

bryan

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini, F250, Forester, 2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Rock Hard 4x4 now offer an after-market bumper with a built-in receiver. I have no hands-on experience with it, but it's high on my wish list.

Jeep Wrangler JL Front bumper with receiver hitch and tow bar brackets IMG_0036.JPG

paffemt

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
But has anybody figured out how to dinghy tow and keep your front receiver as well?
Sponsored