front bumper damage

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
Couple of days ago this huge Toyota 4runner came to close to my parked car and impacted my front bumper as it skidded along the snow. The whole Jeep did slide in the direction of the impact maybe 10 inches on the slippery snow and at first glance I didn't notice much damage but few scratches along the plastic bumper . But today when I looked again , I noticed the whole bumper was horizontally pushed down on the one side by about an at least a 1/4 inch and it is well visible at the gap between the JL Sport style bumper plastic shield and end of the fender . The vehicle drives fine, the lights work fine, all seems to be OK but I wonder how difficult it will be to readjust the bumper. The bumper seems to bear the cosmetic damage where it is scratched but I do not see it being bent or severely damaged in any other way. I wonder if anybody had to readjust the front bumper horizontal level thanks to an impact force. As you can see on the attached photos the two cars parked next to me received didn't end up as "lucky" .

front bumper 20191206_070349_resized.jpg

front bumper 20191206_072148.jpg
Sponsored

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
not sure how the bumper is mounted, meaning loosing a couple of bolt to adjust the angle. (if you know what i mean). but my concern is that the mounting bracket orface plate that mounts the bumper to the frame could be bent..

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
keep in mind if you want to install aftermarket bumper, it may cause some issues.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
Did you get his/her insurance information? You could always just take it to the dealer and have them check to be sure there really is no underlying damage.

OP
OP
Kluk Ztopolovky

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
Did you get his/her insurance information? You could always just take it to the dealer and have them check to be sure there really is no underlying damage.
yes I did, thanks Brandy

Sponsored

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
1/4" on a bumper ?????

Are you sure you want a JEEP ??

W.E..

JIMBO

MtCamper

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlUR White Rubi, 2018 GMC 3500 Duramax,
Occupation
Retired Snowbird
Looks like you have the genuine crappy plastic bumper. I have replaced both of mine now and have had to do autopsies on both to retrieve wiring. The substructure of both is designed to break and bend if hit by large raindrops. Have it checked by a body shop and submit the estimate to the insurance company. Take the cash and install a real bumper. There's lots of em out there.
Sponsored