Front Bumper Any Different on 4xe Rubicon vs. Rubicon?

BumpDaddy

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited
Will an aftermarket JL front bumper for a regular JLUR be compatible with a 4xe? Anything different about the mounting points/frame?

Advertisement

Gazelle

First Name
Eric
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe ordered 11/6/20; delivered 5/13/21
Will an aftermarket JL front bumper for a regular JLUR be compatible with a 4xe? Anything different about the mounting points/frame?
Only the prototype models are out in the wild. None of us regular customers have ours yet, so we cannot respond.

That being said, I have the same questions wrt the rear bumper & rock sliders. I don't expect to see any difference in the bumpers, but there may be some minor differences in slider mounting due to the electric power cable routing.

OP
BumpDaddy

BumpDaddy

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited
I have a suspicion that something is different with the rock sliders. I noticed that you cannot add the Mopar Rock Sliders to your build on Jeep.com. You can only add them to a non-4xe build. It's also not available on the build sheets for the 4xe.

Jamie Brown

First Name
Jamie Brown
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC 3500AT4, Nissan Leaf, RAM 4500
I have a suspicion that something is different with the rock sliders. I noticed that you cannot add the Mopar Rock Sliders to your build on Jeep.com. You can only add them to a non-4xe build. It's also not available on the build sheets for the 4xe.
I believe the steps work. I was able to get them. Just hope they do fit after seeing this.

Sboden

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4Xe, 2.5" lift, 17" wheels, 37" tires
I would think anything on top, on the sides and front and back will work. I'd be careful with anything doing with the engine and with any part that touches underneath the vehicle.

Gazelle

First Name
Eric
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe ordered 11/6/20; delivered 5/13/21
... I'd be careful with anything doing with the engine and with any part that touches underneath the vehicle.
The 4xe will has a longer transmission which also means a shorter rear & longer front drive shafts. 4xe specific skidplates will be needed, but am still hoping all body mounting points are the same. Adding the ROAM frame mounted step/sliders will be one of my first mods, so I'm hoping for no changes.

Sboden

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4Xe, 2.5" lift, 17" wheels, 37" tires
The 4xe will has a longer transmission which also means a shorter rear & longer front drive shafts. 4xe specific skidplates will be needed, but am still hoping all body mounting points are the same. Adding the ROAM frame mounted step/sliders will be one of my first mods, so I'm hoping for no changes.
I'm guessing you will be good but that is one of the areas I'd wait for.

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 CJ-5, 1983 CJ-5, 1987 YJ, 1998 TJ
Eventually, these aftermarket bumper and rail companies will have adaptors for the 4xE until they can develop specific models. Probably going to have to be patient since pre-launch 4xEs were not easy to come by for aftermarket developers.

Advertisement

PSC Motorsports

Advertisement