Front bumper and winch install

Bullwinkle

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
My bumper (rough country 10585) has 2 fog lights and a light bar on a bull bar. Since I can't drive in public with the lightbar on, and it comes with a delegated switch...Do have the fog lights wired to OEM switch so it stays the same regarding operation, and use the delegated switch for the lightbar alone? follow what I'm trying to ask? also, what and or where is a good place to mount the switch...is it wireless? lol, thanks
Sponsored

JP29

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport
Initial reading would lead me to say just leave the fog lights on the factory harness and run the lightbar off the included switch. No idea on where to put or how to wire said switch, I'm pretty sure it won't be wireless. Assuming you had the aux switch option on your Wrangler, could try wiring into that.

nsfw_andy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hydro Blue JLUR Ecodiesel
If you want to use your OEM fog switch, I would wire the light bar using the provided relay harness, but cut off the switch and wire that into the OEM fog light wiring to use as a trigger wire for your relay.

I have not tried this, just thinking out loud about how I would personally do it.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
There are two circuits for the fogs (L and R) I think you'll be under the amperage and be good direct wired to each of the fogs. I was able to run a KC Pro6 (1.63 amp) in parallel with the factory fogs, which I think would be getting to around the 3 amps the RC fogs draw.

OP
OP
Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
There are two circuits for the fogs (L and R) I think you'll be under the amperage and be good direct wired to each of the fogs. I was able to run a KC Pro6 (1.63 amp) in parallel with the factory fogs, which I think would be getting to around the 3 amps the RC fogs draw.
thanks, trying to schedule install now, having proper questions helps lots.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
My bumper (rough country 10585) has 2 fog lights and a light bar on a bull bar. Since I can't drive in public with the lightbar on, and it comes with a delegated switch...Do have the fog lights wired to OEM switch so it stays the same regarding operation, and use the delegated switch for the lightbar alone? follow what I'm trying to ask? also, what and or where is a good place to mount the switch...is it wireless? lol, thanks
Thursday, 9 am, I'm so excited, lol...

RudeJeepin

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
Thursday, 9 am, I'm so excited, lol...
I recently put that same bumper on my 21 Rubicon, those fog lights are extremely bright. I added 2 layers of yellow tint film to mine and they are still pretty bright for oncoming traffic. I won't mention that they aren't DOT approved, it even states that in the paperwork. I wired them up to the stock fog light harness. I'm also contemplating putting the stock fogs back on and relocating the RC fogs.

Bumper comes with 2 complete wiring harnesses. I used one for the light bar. Ran the switch wire along the cowl and snuck it in through the driver door by the upper hinge. Used the 2 sided tape to mount the switch on the dash just above the headlight switch. Definitely not for highway use, extremely bright.

All said and done I really like the bumper.

haligen

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Rubicon
I just redid my front bumper and light setup the other day. I chose to cut off the ends of the factory fog harness, soldered on the ends for the new pod lights, and then went on my merry way. For the light bar I installed a Twisted pro ts6. Proper switches in a factory location that allows for expansion later.

OP
OP
Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
I recently put that same bumper on my 21 Rubicon, those fog lights are extremely bright. I added 2 layers of yellow tint film to mine and they are still pretty bright for oncoming traffic. I won't mention that they aren't DOT approved, it even states that in the paperwork. I wired them up to the stock fog light harness. I'm also contemplating putting the stock fogs back on and relocating the RC fogs.

Bumper comes with 2 complete wiring harnesses. I used one for the light bar. Ran the switch wire along the cowl and snuck it in through the driver door by the upper hinge. Used the 2 sided tape to mount the switch on the dash just above the headlight switch. Definitely not for highway use, extremely bright.

All said and done I really like the bumper.
thank you and appreciate the detail...peace

JP29

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport
For the light bar I installed a Twisted pro ts6. Proper switches in a factory location that allows for expansion later.
Off topic but how did the install go/got any pics? The TS6 is exactly what I was planning to install.

Sponsored

haligen

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Rubicon
Just an fyi, found out today there is another company selling the exact same setup at twisted and is slightly cheaper. Not sure if shipping evens things up but worth a look.

VosSwitch

OP
OP
Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
All done, thanks ALL for the help working this out.

Resized_20220211_111129.jpeg
Sponsored