Sponsored

Front Ball Joints. Let discuss what is the best replacement for the stock ball joints.

Kev84

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I know this is an older thread but I am in the same boat. Everything was fine until my last wheeling trip. Drove fine the 15 hrs home but since then on the pavement big bumps starting to get the steering wheel wobble.
Everything in the front end has been checked and double checked for torque. I was thinking replacing drag link and tie rod but now I am thinking it is probably the ball joints.
Almost 38,000 miles almost all those miles on 2.5" Lift and 35s.

I am a little worried about it because I just ordered a 3.5" lift and going to 37s! So I am trying to chase down everything that could be causing this before I do the lift and bigger tires

Thanks
Sponsored

Hytep

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU | Sting Gray | 2” (3.5”?) MOPAR lift | KMC XD Panzers | 35” BFG KO2
Occupation
Flight Paramedic
I know this is an older thread but I am in the same boat. Everything was fine until my last wheeling trip. Drove fine the 15 hrs home but since then on the pavement big bumps starting to get the steering wheel wobble.
Everything in the front end has been checked and double checked for torque. I was thinking replacing drag link and tie rod but now I am thinking it is probably the ball joints.
Almost 38,000 miles almost all those miles on 2.5" Lift and 35s.

I am a little worried about it because I just ordered a 3.5" lift and going to 37s! So I am trying to chase down everything that could be causing this before I do the lift and bigger tires

Thanks
Same thing for me. 2" lift, 35" KO2s, and got my first death wobble at 43000 miles last weekend after a wheeling trip. Ordered a full steer smarts front steering setup (tierod, draglink, track bar, SS relocation) and a fox 2.0 TS SS. Now, after watching some videos of people at 20-40k miles and the state of the stock plastic internal ball joints, I ordered a set of the dynatrac rebuildable ones. I can almost guarantee that mine are shot!

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
make that 4 options; Synergy now has HD Ball Joints available as well.

You only have three real options, Dana HD, Factory Mopar, and Dynatrac. Dana are the least expensive and Dynatrac the most expensive. There is about a $200 difference between the two. Dynatrac are by far the best option for the extra $200

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR

Sponsored

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Looks pretty awesome a kit with all 4 plus the camber bushings!!!

What made you select these vs the others? How long did it take order to delivery? Thanks.

Gorilla57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito
Hi, what made you select these vs the others? How long did it take order to delivery? Thanks.
Letz Roll Offroad here in PHX recommended them. I had them order and install them as I was extremely busy w work when the Jeep needed the ball joints done. They said they’ve had zero issues with the ones they’ve installed for customers.

Hytep

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU | Sting Gray | 2” (3.5”?) MOPAR lift | KMC XD Panzers | 35” BFG KO2
Occupation
Flight Paramedic
Got everything installed now and the ball joints were the cure. Had to wait on them (thanks for losing my package UPS) and tried rolling with the rest of the new steer smarts stuff only to have the death wobble persist. Now that I’ve replaced the ball joints, smooth as butter. Confident that the dynatrac rebuildable ball joints are going to take a beating and keep going.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I am looking to replace my ball joints when I replace the aluminum knuckles with Reid cast iron. I don't wheel hard and I don't seem to be putting many miles on this jeep (17k in 3 years). So, I was thinking the Synergy ball joints might be the right choice for me. I read some good reports on their earlier jeep model ball joints. Thoughts?

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I am looking to replace my ball joints when I replace the aluminum knuckles with Reid cast iron. I don't wheel hard and I don't seem to be putting many miles on this jeep (17k in 3 years). So, I was thinking the Synergy ball joints might be the right choice for me. I read some good reports on their earlier jeep model ball joints. Thoughts?
I highly recommend plunking down a little extra for the Dynatracs. I've been very pleased with their ball joints paired with the high strength ductile iron Reid's.
Jeep Wrangler JL Front Ball Joints.  Let discuss what is the best replacement for the stock ball joints. 20211013_132453
Jeep Wrangler JL Front Ball Joints.  Let discuss what is the best replacement for the stock ball joints. 20211013_132518
Jeep Wrangler JL Front Ball Joints.  Let discuss what is the best replacement for the stock ball joints. 20211013_132423

Sponsored

gerlbaum

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangle Sport Diesel
Are dynatracs housings knurled and are they still made in the USA?

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Are dynatracs housings knurled and are they still made in the USA?
Knurled is only needed if there is light damage caused by ball joint housing movement in the bore of the inner c's.

gerlbaum

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangle Sport Diesel
Knurled is only needed if there is light damage caused by ball joint housing movement in the bore of the inner c's.
Exactly why I was asking. Plus they’re a nightmare to remove.