Sponsored

Front and Rear End-links for 2.5" TeraFlex Lift

matrix311

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 YJ, 2004 TJ, 2008 jKUR, 2018 JLUR (on order)
Hello all

I purchased a slightly used, basically new teraflex 2.5" coil spring lift with the 2 lower sport control arms. This is all that was part of the lift which are the main components! I have a 2018 JLUR and currently running 35's on it. We are also in the process of doing the chop fender kit with our OEM Rubicon Fenders to give some more clearance. So with that said, I have a few questions.

*I need front and rear swaybar end links. I cannot find the teraflex endlinksout of their kit so i'm wondering if anyone has any recommended end-links to purchase. Teraflex has 10.75" for the front and 11.5" for the rear noted in their ST2 2.5" kit. TF has part # 744500 for the front but when I google that part number it shows as a rear end link for a JK. I'm assuming this is incorrect? THey do not have a rear part number listed, it shows part # XXXXX for the rear.

*I'm wondering about bumpstops. Since we are only running 35's and have the rubicon fenders chopped for added clearance, what are folks seeing for the recommended bumpstop length? I could order all of the kit components for around $300 but would rather find a lesser expensive solution. I only paid $225 for the springs and control arms!

Regarding bumpers and other mods on our jeep we have the Rockhard 4x4 Aluminum front bumper with a witch on it, we also have rockhard 4x4 rock sliders installed and the rear bumper we have yet to purchase but will likely go with a steel bumper in back.

If anyone has any parts to sell to help complete our lift install, please let me know!
Sponsored

Shellbird01

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Shara Unlimited
I installed st2 2.5 and the instructions showed jk parts and I believe the sway bar link were one of them. The rear sway bars did not fit well as the mopar originals were s shape / offset and TEraflex were straight and look crooked installed. I was considering calling TF to be sure I installed them correctly

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I installed st2 2.5 and the instructions showed jk parts and I believe the sway bar link were one of them. The rear sway bars did not fit well as the mopar originals were s shape / offset and TEraflex were straight and look crooked installed. I was considering calling TF to be sure I installed them correctly
Got pic ? I’m running rk rear end links and they’re straight, and there’s no issues.

E0EC5681-A553-4640-82BD-7A7B01E2386B.jpeg

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Jk or JL?
My rig is JL.... the rk end links will work on both though. If you look up the jk end links they’re the same. Also, if you look up Metalcloak rear sway links, they’re straight, and say they’re for jk/ jl.

Sponsored

Heatonrx

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JlU Rubicon
Hello all

I purchased a slightly used, basically new teraflex 2.5" coil spring lift with the 2 lower sport control arms. This is all that was part of the lift which are the main components! I have a 2018 JLUR and currently running 35's on it. We are also in the process of doing the chop fender kit with our OEM Rubicon Fenders to give some more clearance. So with that said, I have a few questions.

*I need front and rear swaybar end links. I cannot find the teraflex endlinksout of their kit so i'm wondering if anyone has any recommended end-links to purchase. Teraflex has 10.75" for the front and 11.5" for the rear noted in their ST2 2.5" kit. TF has part # 744500 for the front but when I google that part number it shows as a rear end link for a JK. I'm assuming this is incorrect? THey do not have a rear part number listed, it shows part # XXXXX for the rear.

*I'm wondering about bumpstops. Since we are only running 35's and have the rubicon fenders chopped for added clearance, what are folks seeing for the recommended bumpstop length? I could order all of the kit components for around $300 but would rather find a lesser expensive solution. I only paid $225 for the springs and control arms!

Regarding bumpers and other mods on our jeep we have the Rockhard 4x4 Aluminum front bumper with a witch on it, we also have rockhard 4x4 rock sliders installed and the rear bumper we have yet to purchase but will likely go with a steel bumper in back.

If anyone has any parts to sell to help complete our lift install, please let me know!
I used these on the rear and moved the rear up front. I did a 2" lift and they worked great. Did the same on a 2.5" JKU lift. They are straight but work fine. For bump stops I used 2". I found an open box set of Teraflex front/rear on ebay for 75 bucks.

Teraflex 1744500 Sway Bar Link

OP
OP

matrix311

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 YJ, 2004 TJ, 2008 jKUR, 2018 JLUR (on order)
I used these on the rear and moved the rear up front. I did a 2" lift and they worked great. Did the same on a 2.5" JKU lift. They are straight but work fine. For bump stops I used 2". I found an open box set of Teraflex front/rear on ebay for 75 bucks.

Teraflex 1744500 Sway Bar Link
Did you need to add any shims for the bumpstops?
So to confirm you took the factory rear end links and moved them up front and then used the 1744500 in the back?

Heatonrx

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JlU Rubicon
Did you need to add any shims for the bumpstops?
So to confirm you took the factory rear end links and moved them up front and then used the 1744500 in the back?
That's what I did with the ends. I have the shims but from what I remember I didn't need them.

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Call Northridge4x4 and they can get you the parts from the kit.

davejkenny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Will the TF end links work with stock wheels and 33” tires? Most kits state aftermarket wheels or spacers needed.

I’m kind stuck on the Pro Comp spacer lift (same as Rubicon Express) as they done require them. I don’t want to change wheels and spacers are illegal in Australia.

Sponsored

Shellbird01

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Shara Unlimited
My rig is JL.... the rk end links will work on both though. If you look up the jk end links they’re the same. Also, if you look up Metalcloak rear sway links, they’re straight, and say they’re for jk/ jl.[/QUOT
My rig is JL.... the rk end links will work on both though. If you look up the jk end links they’re the same. Also, if you look up Metalcloak rear sway links, they’re straight, and say they’re for jk/ jl.
here’s a pic of the old mopar it’s offset so it compensates for the bearing at the top and the bolt you reuse on the bottom. The teraflex is straight so it sits on an angle. That can’t be good for the bearing (not sure of the proper name) at the top as it doesn’t sit square

474E7875-182C-4CB3-9F36-56C79E7F76AE.jpeg

5F53BE78-BE64-400B-8575-7ED22D8AFDFB.jpeg

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
here’s a pic of the old mopar it’s offset so it compensates for the bearing at the top and the bolt you reuse on the bottom. The teraflex is straight so it sits on an angle. That can’t be good for the bearing (not sure of the proper name) at the top as it doesn’t sit square

It's fine. You are good to go and are just overthinking it because its not the same as the mopar ones

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase

That’s how it goes. You’re all set. But if you can’t get past it, maybe look into these...

84411266-C54F-4FE3-8903-1C5DA8959F6C.jpeg

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Thats the downside of bushings. Remember as the axle moves around it will also side load those bushings significantly.

This is why links like @Roky showed use rod ends that won't bind until a much higher angle. But the downside is these links can transfer a bit more vibration but likely not noticeable on something like the Jeep.
Sponsored