First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
so its been on the cold side for the last couple of days in the northeast and i've had to use the front and rear defroster for the first time since i got the jl.

on the front defroster i noticed that the grill / vent on top of the dash goes almost the full width of the windshield. but when the defroster is on, it blows in a narrow width about 6-8 inches in on both end of the vents is not blowing anything. i do feel the air moving the full width of the windshield. so my question is, does anyone have any issues with defrosting the front window specifically in your line of vision.

as for the rear defroster. is there a timer where the defroster automatically shuts off after 10 mins. any other vehicles has them. but it seems that the wrangler does not have it. mine stays on the entire time until i turn it off. is that normal or it should automatically shuts off after 10 mins.
Sponsored

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
There's a pretty long thread somewhere about the front defrost issue, including diy fixes. I dunno nuffin about the rear

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
I wouldn't call the front defrost an issue but more misleading. The front defrost is working as it should. It's misleading because the vent and fins extend the full width of the dash but only defrost the very middle because the duct exits right in the middle. Jeep should have had at least 2 different ducts exiting through the dash vs the single spot in the middle.

OP
OP
cosine

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
thanks spurly. thats what i figured as to the front defroster.

Joeymon1

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
Summer's gone and winter's back. I forgot about how irritating it is having the defrost only work in the center of the windshield. All the plugs I am using are not doing enough to divert the airflow to the sides. The fan just blows the air up and around them. Jeep needs to do a fix for this. Its dangerous.

Sponsored

Snayte

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara Hella Yella, 2017 Ram 1500 Longhorn
Summer's gone and winter's back. I forgot about how irritating it is having the defrost only work in the center of the windshield. All the plugs I am using are not doing enough to divert the airflow to the sides. The fan just blows the air up and around them. Jeep needs to do a fix for this. Its dangerous.
I wish they would do something too but I doubt you will see a fix. The same problem existed on the JKs. I just throw my gloves on the vent in the center of the windshield. That forces the air to the sides better and I have toasty warm gloves when i get where I am going.

tcari394

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL (2dr)
Don't worry.. your rear defroster will burn off soon so you won't have to worry about it turning off automatically! :)

Sponsored

OP
OP
cosine

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
OP
OP
cosine

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
the last couple of mornings, i've had some heavy frost. it only took 5 mins to clear the windshield end to end. so it not all that bad. also i keep my windshield clean as much as possible which helps in not having much frost in the first place.
Sponsored