Sponsored

Front and rear D44s on Sport/Sahara 4xe?

Stuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Nacho JLU Sport S
According to this cars.com video:

Skip to 4:49 if you want to skip to where the narrator says it.

Now to reconsider if I want to get a Rubicon, or if a Sport will installed lockers be enough for my needs. Or even if I want to get one, I really like my current 2018 JLU. :LOL:
Sponsored

Killdozer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL sport
It should be similiar to the diesel. The added weight will require larger axles. Installing lockers is considerably cheaper than buying a rubicon

xtopherm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HellaYella 2019 JLUR
According to this cars.com video:

Skip to 4:49 if you want to skip to where the narrator says it.

Now to reconsider if I want to get a Rubicon, or if a Sport will installed lockers be enough for my needs. Or even if I want to get one, I really like my current 2018 JLU. :LOL:
I stumbled onto that video as well and had the exact same question. I was wondering if I heard it wrong or if the narrator got bad facts. But then I figured, well, given that there is an extra 800lbs of battery weight to carry around, maybe they just decided to engineer one platform around stouter axles and just try to recoup the cost by economies of scale and having the benefits of all rolling stock for all hybrids being identical. I was also pleased to hear that this system (a) appears to be available on the sport, sahara and rubicon, and (b) appears compatible with the full time 4wD in all models. Starting to look like a very feasible daily driver/second jeep....

hybrid3.0

First Name
Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JGC
At 4xe launch you can pick between a well appointed Sahara or Rubicon to start. Both have similar D44 front and rear axles and transfer case although the Sahara has 2.72:1 transfer low and 3.73 differentials vs. 4.0:1 transfer case low and 4.10 differentials of the Rubicon. If you can use the lockers, 17 inch wheels and swaybar disconnects the Rubicon is your ride for early launch vehicles. I don't know when the 4xe base will be available and I have not seen any information on how well appointed it will be. I doubt they will offer a 'stripped' model like a base s model, but if all you are looking for is D44 axles with lockers, that might be enough savings for you to wait. I suspect if you price out the 'base' Rubicon vs. your 4xe base model adding aftermarket wheels and lockers you will be pretty close (with no factory warranty support on the aftermarket items).
Sponsored