From KZ to Nashville?

jjc

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not yet
Is there anyone in Nashville that ordered a JL and can tell me how long it took from KZ to delivery? Mine went KZ last Friday but still no shipping details or ETA...
Sponsored

Jeep=N+1

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU ruby, 2000 TJ Saraha, 97 TJ SE.
Is there anyone in Nashville that ordered a JL and can tell me how long it took from KZ to delivery? Mine went KZ last Friday but still no shipping details or ETA...
I am in Nashville as well. My dealer says it is in KZLD. KZL means released but not shipped. No one seems to know what the D means. Jeep cares says shipping will be delayed due to high volume. So I assume D means delay. Nashville AKA Yale TN. seems to be another rail holding yard.

OP
OP

jjc

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not yet
Yeah, one person on Jeep Chat told me the status was KZ LD too. @Jeep=N+1 when did yours go to KZ status?

Jeep=N+1

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, one person on Jeep Chat told me the status was KZ LD too. @Jeep=N+1 when did yours go to KZ status?
We were told on Monday we were in Nashville KZ. Then today he checked, and we were KZ LD and showed being in Yale TN. at 4:06 am today. Dealer says that shows movement. I am afraid we were moved to a storage lot awaiting rail.

OP
OP

jjc

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not yet
I just asked Jeep Chat, and they said they won’t give out the location because people try to go get them before they’re delivered. LOL. I don’t know where Yale TN is but I hope mine’s there too, or at least not still in Toledo.

Sponsored

OP
OP

jjc

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not yet
So I contacted Jeep Chat this morning, and they said it’s still in Toledo, with no ETA. Five minutes later I get an email from my dealer saying it’s here. I’m going to get it this afternoon! So for the record, that’s 8 days from KZ to delivery in Nashville, with no status updates on the shipping process whatsoever. I wonder if they just put it directly on a truck, since Toledo is less than 500 miles away.

Jeep=N+1

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Congratulations! I'm hoping I get a call Tuesday.

ring_zero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting-Gray JLUR
So I contacted Jeep Chat this morning, and they said it’s still in Toledo, with no ETA. Five minutes later I get an email from my dealer saying it’s here. I’m going to get it this afternoon! So for the record, that’s 8 days from KZ to delivery in Nashville, with no status updates on the shipping process whatsoever. I wonder if they just put it directly on a truck, since Toledo is less than 500 miles away.

It is my understanding that the transport method, from Toledo to Nashville, is via a car-carrying trailer and not rail. When I ordered my 2015 JKU it was delivered via truck.

I'm going on 7 weeks now since I ordered. My JLUR finally hit JS status as of last Friday.

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
Mine was just a day or two less than 3 weeks “ in transit “ to Murfreesboro. Others are getting here in a week.... you just can’t tell.

Ripcord

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
Hey Guys, I work for a Jeep dealership and wanted to provide some insight. KZLD means that the vehicle was released for delivery, but the "D" stands for delayed. There could be any number of reasons the vehicle was delayed, but we have seen it be for small issues that the plant wanted to resolve before final delivery. There is no time frame for the delay unfortunately...

ring_zero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting-Gray JLUR
Hey Guys, I work for a Jeep dealership and wanted to provide some insight. KZLD means that the vehicle was released for delivery, but the "D" stands for delayed. There could be any number of reasons the vehicle was delayed, but we have seen it be for small issues that the plant wanted to resolve before final delivery. There is no time frame for the delay unfortunately...
Thanks Jason. Definitely appreciate information/clarification from someone in the "know".
Sponsored

Last edited: