Goat

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep wrangler jl sport 2.0
Don’t

the tires will just show a suggested range. Pretty sure the door jamb says 37.

One problem you would run into with running them at say 32 is you are going to get tpms warnings that your air is too low. With the tazer you can lower that threshold though
I don't think I will, I don't really want to mess with that stuff.
Sponsored

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I don't think I will, I don't really want to mess with that stuff.
I didn’t mean to say don’t lower your pressure, was starting to say “don’t go by the side of the tire”. And then changed what I wanted to say. I for sure would drop them down to what is on the door jamb

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
Mine are at 43.. Are they supposed to be at 37???
They ship over inflated for tranport stability. Dealerships are supposed to take them down, but often dont. Before I went to get mine I told the salesman to make sure they were down to 35. When I arrived I asked if they wete down to 35 and hd said they were. I got in, switched to the readout, and found all four at 46. Service people had left for the day, so he had to take them down himself.

If they're over it not only creates a rough ride, it can cause squirrelly steering.

OP
OP
Texan42

Texan42

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
They ship over inflated for tranport stability. Dealerships are supposed to take them down, but often dont. Before I went to get mine I told the salesman to make sure they were down to 35. When I arrived I asked if they wete down to 35 and hd said they were. I got in, switched to the readout, and found all four at 46. Service people had left for the day, so he had to take them down himself.

If they're over it not only creates a rough ride, it can cause squirrelly steering.
mine were at 43.....

Sponsored

Goat

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I didn’t mean to say don’t lower your pressure, was starting to say “don’t go by the side of the tire”. And then changed what I wanted to say. I for sure would drop them down to what is on the door jamb
Oh ok got cha. I will have a look tomorrow morning

Goat

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Interesting, I didn't know they did that for transportation.

johnrb3b

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jeeps-folbots-etc.epizy.com
Vehicle(s)
'54 CJ-3B '57 Station Wagon 2019JL
Occupation
retired
Today is a sad day for me.
I'm posting my 2010 JK Sport for sale.
I've spent 9 years building and running it. It's been to Moab and the Mojave and many places between. I've loved it.
But.
It's a stick shift and my left knee is wearing out. I can see the hand writing on the wall.
So I just drove home a 2019 JL with the automatic.
I hate automatics. I've been driving stick for 60 years and would another 20 or whatever but for the knee going out on me.
I was "this close" to spending $8,000 to $9,000 on a hand control clutch system but realized sinking that much money in a 10 year old, 100,000 mile vehicle just wasn't the best idea. So now I feel like a dweeb driving this shiny new pavement queen with an automatic.
Sigh.
I'll be putting rock rails, tube doors and a winch on as soon as I can but the trail pinstripes and dirt will take some time. :)
I have to be honest, I'm not really that excited about the new Jeep. I wish I could keep the JK and beat it on trails for another decade, but it's not to be. I suppose the excitement will come with time and trail miles.
Ask me in a year.
Sponsored