Frisco CJDR Service - FYI

JABCAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GC High Altitude 4x4, '22 JLU on order
Occupation
College Professor
I'll start by saying that I generally perform all the routine maintenance on all our vehicles. However, we have the Jeep Wave free oil change & tire rotations on my wife's '20 GC. She was going out of town today, and I was in the area so I swung into Frisco CDJR for their "express lane" oil change & tire rotation. From their website:
"Express Lane Checklist
No appointment necessary. Our Mopar® Express Lane has a dedicated service bay for quick oil changes and vehicle checkups. We know your time is important and we’ve set up our facilities to get you back on the road quickly."

Right off the bat when I pulled in, it took about 5 minutes before anyone greeted me, even though multiple service department personnel looked right at me. When the service writer did come over, I explained I just needed an oil change and tire rotation. She then proceeded with the customary, "oh well what other maintenance has been performed on the vehicle because I can't see any in my system...". I explained all required maintenance at 40k miles has been performed & I just needed the oil change & tire rotation. "oh well who did the maintenance, what kind of maintenance, do you have record of it...". I explained that I performed the maintenance and yes, I keep records, just need the oil change & tire rotation.

She then explains, "well, it's going to be about 1-2 hours, do you just want to drop it off with us for the day?" I explained I'd wait, no big deal. Immediately upon sitting down in the waiting area, I receive multiple automated texts from the dealership. "as a valued guest we can offer you a complimentary vehicle appraisal while your vehicle is in for service that can be used to sell your vehicle or go toward the purchase of a new vehicle" 🙄

4 hours goes by - no update on the status of the vehicle until I receive another automated text saying " estimate approval is required to move forward with your vehicle service". Followed by another text stating "please click this link to see your no credit check payment plan options for the required parts & services" 🙄 Then I receive an email with the "these items were found to need attention" bs line. Complete brake flush service, complete fuel & emissions system service, rear differential system service. Total ~$550 + tax.

At this point I walk out to the service drive to see my GC on the lift in the bay with nobody around it. I find the service writer and she says "oh did you see what I sent you and all the required services your vehicle needs". I said no thank you, and I need to go. "well the technician says it needs these...". Again, no. She goes in and clicks something or whatever, and I finally see the technicians start to rotate the tires on the GC. Another 10 minutes goes by and they finally pull the vehicle back up to the drive. The service writer comes over, "it'll just be a little longer to get your paperwork".

I thought my last free Jeep Wave oil change at Prosper CJDR was bad at 1 hour 30 min, but this one takes the cake. The time wasted cost me way more than the $50 the oil change would've cost.

Long story long, I'd avoid Frisco for any service needs.
Sponsored

jc1003

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sahara, 2019 Pacifica, 2016 CX-9, 2023 Hornet
Occupation
IT
It sounds like I will avoid the free oil changes and just do them myself.

OP
OP
JABCAT

JABCAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
College Professor
It sounds like I will avoid the free oil changes and just do them myself.
We've had previously good service at Huffines in Plano, but that's too far unless my wife is working in Plano when the vehicle needs service.

somedude922

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, Previous: 1984 CJ7, 1979 CJ7
Dodge City in McKinney. I take it nowhere else. The only caveat to that, the service advisor who I used at DC moved to Frisco CDJR….. he was awesome. That being said, Dodge Cuty is great, and mod friendly. A word of caution: they are an independently owned dealer, so a bit smaller than the big chains like Frisco, so I HIGHLY recommend making an appointment. They understand us Jeep owners work on and maintain our Jeeps and don’t usually push all the bullshit services.

Sponsored

OP
OP
JABCAT

JABCAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
College Professor
Dodge City in McKinney. I take it nowhere else. The only caveat to that, the service advisor who I used at DC moved to Frisco CDJR….. he was awesome. That being said, Dodge Cuty is great, and mod friendly. A word of caution: they are an independently owned dealer, so a bit smaller than the big chains like Frisco, so I HIGHLY recommend making an appointment. They understand us Jeep owners work on and maintain our Jeeps and don’t usually push all the bullshit services.
We purchased the GC from McKinney, and I know of whom you're speaking from their service dept. I would normally take it there, but unfortunately the last 2 times my wife took it in she didn't have the best experiences either. The first time she made an appointment and when she got there they told her not to make an appoiment next time. They refused to rotate the tires because they said the tread was too low & that she needed to buy new tires (18k mi on the oem tires, tread was fine). The next time she didn't make an appt as instructed previously, and she sat there for almost 3 hours and then they said "oh your vehicle was done a long time ago".

That's why I tried Prosper for the last free service, and this time I was right by Frisco & decided to drop in.

somedude922

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, Previous: 1984 CJ7, 1979 CJ7
We purchased the GC from McKinney, and I know of whom you're speaking from their service dept. I would normally take it there, but unfortunately the last 2 times my wife took it in she didn't have the best experiences either. The first time she made an appointment and when she got there they told her not to make an appoiment next time. They refused to rotate the tires because they said the tread was too low & that she needed to buy new tires (18k mi on the oem tires, tread was fine). The next time she didn't make an appt as instructed previously, and she sat there for almost 3 hours and then they said "oh your vehicle was done a long time ago".

That's why I tried Prosper for the last free service, and this time I was right by Frisco & decided to drop in.
Man thats a bummer to hear.

goboom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport Altitude
It has long been established that the dealership makes the most profit from the service department. When Huffines Subaru moved to be with Kia in Corinth, we took our Subarus to Subaru of Plano. Our service writer moved out there from Huffines. He knew us. He knew I would take care of the small stuff like air filters, so he never pushed it. He moved, the dealership changed names, and we started working with a nice person at Huffines again. My wife scheduled her oil change service, and she got an email saying the fuel system needs flushing (bottle of injector cleaner). They haven't seen the vehicle, and they say it needs it? It is listed as a recommended service in the manual. I tell her what to decline when she goes.

I've had some decent experience with Classic of Denton, but now it is Denton Jeep. The things that bother me are their service department follows a doctor's office approach and the survey push. You schedule the appointment, but that doesn't mean your vehicle will be serviced right away. I guess the purpose of the appointment is to help control the vehicle flow? The oil change still took 2 hours with an appointment. Subaru will get it done in an hour with an appointment. Maybe I need to go back to Huffines Lewisville? The first time we called to schedule service, the person was very rude over the phone. I get it. We all have bad days. Why is good customer service so hard to find? (rhetorical)

Jeep4Win

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
It has long been established that the dealership makes the most profit from the service department. When Huffines Subaru moved to be with Kia in Corinth, we took our Subarus to Subaru of Plano. Our service writer moved out there from Huffines. He knew us. He knew I would take care of the small stuff like air filters, so he never pushed it. He moved, the dealership changed names, and we started working with a nice person at Huffines again. My wife scheduled her oil change service, and she got an email saying the fuel system needs flushing (bottle of injector cleaner). They haven't seen the vehicle, and they say it needs it? It is listed as a recommended service in the manual. I tell her what to decline when she goes.

I've had some decent experience with Classic of Denton, but now it is Denton Jeep. The things that bother me are their service department follows a doctor's office approach and the survey push. You schedule the appointment, but that doesn't mean your vehicle will be serviced right away. I guess the purpose of the appointment is to help control the vehicle flow? The oil change still took 2 hours with an appointment. Subaru will get it done in an hour with an appointment. Maybe I need to go back to Huffines Lewisville? The first time we called to schedule service, the person was very rude over the phone. I get it. We all have bad days. Why is good customer service so hard to find? (rhetorical)
Classic was the best! Now trying to find a new place since they changed the whole staff. Prosper is right next door but I have heard mixed things.

OP
OP
JABCAT

JABCAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
College Professor
My '22 is ordered through Denton because they were the only one who, 1. replied to my inquiry in a timely manner, 2. offered me the most for my trade (since sold), and 3. didn't argue when I gave them my affiliate control number for below invoice pricing. It's too far for me to take the Jeep there for service, so I can't comment on their service department. Prosper is 5 minutes from me & took almost 2 hours for the oil change when there were literally no vehicles being serviced.

It also irks me when they can't do simple things like fill the tires to the correct air pressures. With the '22 & my wife's new '23 GC when that comes in, I'll probably just forgo the Jeep Wave free services & do them myself. I can change oil and rotate the tires in less time than it takes me to drive to one of these dealerships.

Sponsored

OP
OP
JABCAT

JABCAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
College Professor
I guess the repair estimate went to my junk mail folder. Here are the required services my wife’s GC so desperately needed to the tune of $730 🤥

8437D9BE-A2F1-47D3-8649-BE05C61CF645.jpeg

N8TVTXN

First Name
Raymona
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Jeep Wrangler Sport; Ordered a 2023 JLUR
Good to hear, because that where I ordered my 2022 JLUR.

Jeep4Win

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Went to Denton Jeep recently and had a great experience.

OP
OP
JABCAT

JABCAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
College Professor
Went to Denton Jeep recently and had a great experience.
I had ordered my '22 from Denton Jeep and had a good experience through the order process. Am a little disappointed though that when I contacted them to let them know I couldn't wait any longer and had to purchase another vehicle elsewhere, I received no response. Not even a courtesy response letting me know they received my message.
I also noticed they now added a $695 "Denton protection pkg" to every vehicle in-stock. So it looks like they're following suit with the other dealers adding bs dealer add-ons.
Sponsored