Sponsored

Fridge Slider with Trail Rail System or Goose Gear Platform?

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
That's a sweet trailer, but if I decide to get one it'll be a lot smaller and lighter, with a RTT on it. Like alksion has.
Yeah I will probably keep what I have for a long time, if not forever. My next excursion vehicle purchase will be a leisure travel van, the unity model.
Sponsored

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
I think it would fit a standard single garage door opening if you don’t have roof top tent or cargo bag or awning. Cargo bag would add another 12” to 18” to height and awning would add another 6” to 9” to height.
That’s a good question. I didn’t think to ask what is it total weight dry and it’s total weight fully loaded with everything you carry when you tow it?

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
I haven't had a chance to pull my trailer with the new Rubi yet but here it is behind the WK2.
Jeep Wrangler JL Fridge Slider with Trail Rail System or Goose Gear Platform? IMG_20210424_150422377_HDR
Jeep Wrangler JL Fridge Slider with Trail Rail System or Goose Gear Platform? IMG_20210424_150422377_HDR
How did you like the WK2 for overlanding? Did you find any trails or places you couldn’t go due to it’s limits over a wrangler.

I want to convince my wife to change her wrangler for a new Cherokee, but she loves her wrangler too much, which I get :)

Grimmjpr

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
How did you like the WK2 for overlanding? Did you find any trails or places you couldn’t go due to it’s limits over a wrangler.

I want to convince my wife to change her wrangler for a new Cherokee, but she loves her wrangler too much, which I get :)
WK2 was very capable, and a wonderful hwy cruiser. It was as capable as I needed it to be though it took some getting used to because it liked to 2 and 3 wheel since it didn't have a lot of wheel travel. I wouldn't want to run the Rubicon Trail with the Grand but it did pretty well overall. I definitely preferred the V8 over my prior WK2 that had the V6. That being said I went back to a Wrangler. Missed having a Wrangler.

Sponsored

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
WK2 was very capable, and a wonderful hwy cruiser. It was as capable as I needed it to be though it took some getting used to because it liked to 2 and 3 wheel since it didn't have a lot of wheel travel. I wouldn't want to run the Rubicon Trail with the Grand but it did pretty well overall. I definitely preferred the V8 over my prior WK2 that had the V6. That being said I went back to a Wrangler. Missed having a Wrangler.
Thanks for the info. Did you ever encounter anything you couldn’t or didn’t feel comfortable doing in it?

Grimmjpr

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Thanks for the info. Did you ever encounter anything you couldn’t or didn’t feel comfortable doing in it?
Not really, obviously there was the desire to not damage it and the anxiety that comes along with that on difficult trails sometimes but it did everything fine. I did have a lot of protection on it. Factory rock rails and almost everything Chief Products made along with a 10k winch, 275/65/18 tires. The skids definitely got a workout.
Jeep Wrangler JL Fridge Slider with Trail Rail System or Goose Gear Platform? IMG_20210306_155230563_HDR
Jeep Wrangler JL Fridge Slider with Trail Rail System or Goose Gear Platform? IMG_20210306_155324136_HDR
Jeep Wrangler JL Fridge Slider with Trail Rail System or Goose Gear Platform? 20190510_Maze-43

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
Not really, obviously there was the desire to not damage it and the anxiety that comes along with that on difficult trails sometimes but it did everything fine. I did have a lot of protection on it. Factory rock rails and almost everything Chief Products made along with a 10k winch, 275/65/18 tires. The skids definitely got a workout.
Jeep Wrangler JL Fridge Slider with Trail Rail System or Goose Gear Platform? 20190510_Maze-43
What can a fuel mileage were you getting towing?

Grimmjpr

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
What can a fuel mileage were you getting towing?
Honestly I don't really know, I haven't had the trailer that long and hadn't pulled it behind the Grand much. I used to keep close tabs on the MPGs but I gave up on that. Haha

Sponsored

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
Go to OFFGRIDTRAILER web site for all models, pictures and dimensions.

Jeep Wrangler JL Fridge Slider with Trail Rail System or Goose Gear Platform? BA2556F1-6597-4E91-88BD-C75BB3EA2558
Thanks I have seen their website. I looked into them before I bought my Turtleback :) thanks!

Jimac

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
That’s a good question. I didn’t think to ask what is it total weight dry and it’s total weight fully loaded with everything you carry when you tow it?
Dry weight: 1700#
Wet weight: 2500#
Sponsored