Fridge slide and camp kitchen to fit JLU in Australia

TrickyO

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Overland
I am looking at doing a fit out of my JLU for overlanding. Recently saw the Goose Gear Camp kitchen setup. I love the way it has the stove mounted under the fridge and will slide out separately. Anyone know of a similar setup available here? If not what about just the fridge and stove slide and I will build the rest? Most of the stuff online seems too long to fit in the back of the JL (needs to be about 650mm max).

Jeep Wrangler JL Fridge slide and camp kitchen to fit JLU in Australia 1597033398508
Sponsored

echo17

First Name
Elliott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon - Sting Gray
Vehicle Showcase
Speak with ATV Automotive in Five Docks. They are working with ORS to create an Australian version of Goose Gear Kitchen set-up. Alternatively, if you don't mind the shipping costs, American Adventure Lab will also have something similar coming out. I just ordered their products and installed it this past weekend. The quality is amazing.

Jeep Wrangler JL Fridge slide and camp kitchen to fit JLU in Australia AAL Rack

OP
OP
TrickyO

TrickyO

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Overland
Speak with ATV Automotive in Five Docks. They are working with ORS to create an Australian version of Goose Gear Kitchen set-up. Alternatively, if you don't mind the shipping costs, American Adventure Lab will also have something similar coming out. I just ordered their products and installed it this past weekend. The quality is amazing.

Thanks for the advice. Your setup looks great. How much did they sting your for freight? Also is the black box a drawer? Is that one of theirs?

echo17

First Name
Elliott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the advice. Your setup looks great. How much did they sting your for freight? Also is the black box a drawer? Is that one of theirs?
The black boxes I am using right now are just the Frontrunner wolfpacks. I didn't buy their drawers as I wanted to try and keep weight down a bit. But shipping was definitely the expensive part. It was approximately 40% of the purchase price. Funnily enough, it was cheaper to ship as individual boxes through DHL than other methods. The upside to this also was that I didn't have to worry about import tax cause they can ship it as individual packages. Alternatively, I am sure you can always speak with a freight forwarder and ship it by sea.

Sponsored

Cummins

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon Aus Spec

What did you do with the space below we're it opens up and do you have a scend battery

echo17

First Name
Elliott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
What did you do with the space below we're it opens up and do you have a scend battery
I did buy the compressor bracket, the battery bracket and the air outlet relocation bracket. So will be doing all that install soon. Looking into whether I can fit a lithium battery in there instead of an odyssey pc1100.

Rubi D

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon Diesel, Hella Yella
I did buy the compressor bracket, the battery bracket and the air outlet relocation bracket. So will be doing all that install soon. Looking into whether I can fit a lithium battery in there instead of an odyssey pc1100.
Keen to see how you go with that. Like the look of that solution with a drawer or two above it.

echo17

First Name
Elliott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Keen to see how you go with that. Like the look of that solution with a drawer or two above it.
I won’t be able to get the install done for a while as the arb dual compressors are out of stock till October. But here are a few pics I’ve pulled together for you.
Jeep Wrangler JL Fridge slide and camp kitchen to fit JLU in Australia 709E6EC8-5BDC-4910-9FF0-F48FFF32AAF9
Jeep Wrangler JL Fridge slide and camp kitchen to fit JLU in Australia 28EB5DC6-67E9-425E-9A58-8B32B01AD218
Jeep Wrangler JL Fridge slide and camp kitchen to fit JLU in Australia 44BE2F4D-FA6E-47A2-99D1-4B355E538670

OP
OP
TrickyO

TrickyO

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Overland

Jeep Wrangler JL Fridge slide and camp kitchen to fit JLU in Australia 44BE2F4D-FA6E-47A2-99D1-4B355E538670
Thanks for the information. What is the max height you can achieve from the base plate to the underside of the rack. I am looking if I can fit an Engel 40L fridge on a slide?

Sponsored

echo17

First Name
Elliott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the information. What is the max height you can achieve from the base plate to the underside of the rack. I am looking if I can fit an Engel 40L fridge on a slide?
The height of the rack is adjustable. And you’ll want to buy the slider as well to open your fridge. But this is the height at max height.

Jeep Wrangler JL Fridge slide and camp kitchen to fit JLU in Australia ED93EACE-39AB-4D92-B7B2-0B8200CEDF7F

OP
OP
TrickyO

TrickyO

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Overland
The height of the rack is adjustable. And you’ll want to buy the slider as well to open your fridge. But this is the height at max height.

Jeep Wrangler JL Fridge slide and camp kitchen to fit JLU in Australia ED93EACE-39AB-4D92-B7B2-0B8200CEDF7F
Looks like it might be a bit tight for the Engel. What fridge are you running?

echo17

First Name
Elliott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like it might be a bit tight for the Engel. What fridge are you running?
I am running the waeco cfx 40. Most people use either this or the arb within that space. There are also a few threads on the forum here regarding that. Think you can search AAL slide or something.

OP
OP
TrickyO

TrickyO

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Overland

Thanks for the photo. Ended up with the CFX3 45 Dometic. Looks like it might work. Hard to see in your photo where you are measuring from to get an accurate gauge. is that from the underside of the platform or from the plastic jack cover? If from the underside of the platform, does it sit right on top of the plastic trim on either side? My base plate is level with the top (highest point) of the plastic trim.

echo17

First Name
Elliott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the photo. Ended up with the CFX3 45 Dometic. Looks like it might work. Hard to see in your photo where you are measuring from to get an accurate gauge. is that from the underside of the platform or from the plastic jack cover? If from the underside of the platform, does it sit right on top of the plastic trim on either side? My base plate is level with the top (highest point) of the plastic trim.
If you are using the AAL system, then your cfx3 would fit for sure. If you are using someone else’s then it’s questionable. My AAL base plate is much thinner as it’s made from metal; whereas wood should be thicker. They’ve already tested your fridge and it works well.
Jeep Wrangler JL Fridge slide and camp kitchen to fit JLU in Australia 435608D4-15BE-48D9-9308-CF6E3D177E9B
Sponsored