Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
I mounted the slide to the floor. I took out the factory floor, cut a piece of 1/2” Baltic plywood to the shape needed, used the 6 metric hole locations that the tie down brackets used. Picked up a piece of black automotive carpet at Lowe’s and put a door access to the under floor storage. The DFG slide came with 6 screws that were too long. I picked up a 3/4” version of the same screw at my ace hardware. Just screwed to plywood with pre-drilled holes in slide. The floor replacement took a few hours, but the slide install was less than 30 minutes. It took more time centering the slide so fridge wouldn’t rub on seat and tailgate. Luckily, it all worked.
F3A14EBB-A611-4E46-85CA-09533D40ECA7.jpeg
2131A7A4-8F2F-47FF-A7B5-86BA9C5B1F8A.jpeg
CBAEBDAF-48CF-4FDE-9A8C-D2D66AFDEB38.jpeg
3E82BC27-BA0D-4C6E-A8B9-C573FA9835E3.jpeg
06A99742-336E-4CA0-8459-2F81CA00B344.jpeg
So it looks like you replaced the whole floor, even the sides with the tie downs and not just the middle section. Is that right?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Bulldown

Bulldown

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLU Rubicon, 2015 GMC Sierra 2500HD All Terrain
One thing to add. The reason I put the fridge slide on the drivers side was for two reasons. I have a Vector tailgate table, if the fridge was on passenger side, the tailgate table would interfere with slide when folded down. Secondly, I didn’t want to cover my Sub Woofer. The fridge and slide would fit much easier on passenger side if it wasn’t for those two reasons.

OP
OP
Bulldown

Bulldown

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So it looks like you replaced the whole floor, even the sides with the tie downs and not just the middle section. Is that right?
Correct, both sides and middle. I kept them in case I sell the Jeep some day.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
No battery, it runs on Jeep stock battery. Just couldn’t believe that the fridge ran on Jeep battery for 20 hours without dropping below the low voltage limits of the fridge and battery. I think that as long as everything is super cold inside, the draw on the battery is minimal. The fridge will turn off if battery gets too low to start. Works awesome!
I see. I've been surprised, too! I've run mine 2.5 days and have the low voltage setting on medium and it didn't get there to trigger it.

anotheraznguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojito JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the pictures. Do you think a CFX3 55 will fit behind on the drivers side?

Does the DFG slide lock in the slide out position?
Can you mount the fridge to the bottom of the slide with the 4 screws and remove the handles and straps to allow for more clearance?
Do you know how much the slide lifts the fridge up by?

With your wolfpacks in place what did you put behind them towards the back seat?

Also, hard to tell but do you have a seat cover on the back seats?

Thanks

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bulldown

Bulldown

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the pictures. Do you think a CFX3 55 will fit behind on the drivers side?

Does the DFG slide lock in the slide out position?
Can you mount the fridge to the bottom of the slide with the 4 screws and remove the handles and straps to allow for more clearance?

With your wolfpacks in place what did you put behind them towards the back seat?

Also, hard to tell but do you have a seat cover on the back seats?

Thanks
I am pretty sure the 55 would be too big, I think it was taller as well, with the seat slope it would probably hit. I had my Coleman butane stove case in front of Wolf Packs. Love that stove. You would have to drill the slide to mount to screw to fridge. No holes. And yes, the slide locks, there is a small lever on right side that keeps it from sliding forward if parked with front lower than rear. I originally was going to order the Dometic slide, but got tired of waiting for inventory to show up. Dometic kept telling me “next month”. After 3 months i orders the DFG. One nice thing about the straps I really liked was the fact you could take the fridge out of Jeep and bring it into hotel and plug into AC. We stayed in hotel 1 night. It increased height by 5/8” , and no seat cover.

Last edited:

SlickRickMotoADV

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara, 2017 Miata Club RF
Just spent 9 nights roaming Wyoming and Montana using my new Dometic CFX3 45 and DFG Offroad slide. Both worked out great. While spending a day backpacking, the Fridge kept everything at 36 degrees for 20 hrs without a charge. Slide worked flawlessly and matches my Vector shelf. Can’t say enough good things about both.

7A6633B0-05AF-4C7F-B061-DE1FE51A399B.jpeg

C086FC93-A74F-402D-A9DF-622FF0D6BBD8.jpeg
Do you (or anyone else reading) have the mounting hole dimensions for the DFG slider? I'm having a difficult time getting a hold of them. I want to make sure that I'll be able to easily mount it to my Goose Gear rear plate.
Sponsored