Fridge and slide review

Bulldown

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLU Rubicon, 2015 GMC Sierra 2500HD All Terrain
Just spent 9 nights roaming Wyoming and Montana using my new Dometic CFX3 45 and DFG Offroad slide. Both worked out great. While spending a day backpacking, the Fridge kept everything at 36 degrees for 20 hrs without a charge. Slide worked flawlessly and matches my Vector shelf. Can’t say enough good things about both.

7A6633B0-05AF-4C7F-B061-DE1FE51A399B.jpeg

C086FC93-A74F-402D-A9DF-622FF0D6BBD8.jpeg
Sponsored

StingJLUR

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon - Sting Gray
Just spent 9 nights roaming Wyoming and Montana using my new Dometic CFX3 45 and DFG Offroad slide. Both worked out great. While spending a day backpacking, the Fridge kept everything at 36 degrees for 20 hrs without a charge. Slide worked flawlessly and matches my Vector shelf. Can’t say enough good things about both.

Jeep Wrangler JL Fridge and slide review C086FC93-A74F-402D-A9DF-622FF0D6BBD8

Jeep Wrangler JL Fridge and slide review C086FC93-A74F-402D-A9DF-622FF0D6BBD8
Awesome setup! It looks like it fits nicely on the drivers side. Are you able to lock the rear seats with this fridge? Also, is there any contact with the tailgate?

OP
OP
Bulldown

Bulldown

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awesome setup! It looks like it fits nicely on the drivers side. Are you able to lock the rear seats with this fridge? Also, is there any contact with the tailgate?
Back seat locks fine, less than 3/8” gap between back of seat and fridge. Tailgate has 3/8” gap between slide and tailgate. It’s tight, but fits. Let me know if you need more pics.

OP
OP
Bulldown

Bulldown

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Back seat locks fine, less than 3/8” gap between back of seat and fridge. Tailgate has 3/8” gap between slide and tailgate. It’s tight, but fits. Let me know if you need more pics.
I wouldn’t want the fridge to be any bigger given the constraints. I am happy with the fit

StingJLUR

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’d love to see a few more pics if that is possible. Also would love to see how you mounted the slide. Thanks a lot!!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bulldown

Bulldown

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’d love to see a few more pics if that is possible. Also would love to see how you mounted the slide. Thanks a lot!!
I mounted the slide to the floor. I took out the factory floor, cut a piece of 1/2” Baltic plywood to the shape needed, used the 6 metric hole locations that the tie down brackets used. Picked up a piece of black automotive carpet at Lowe’s and put a door access to the under floor storage. The DFG slide came with 6 screws that were too long. I picked up a 3/4” version of the same screw at my ace hardware. Just screwed to plywood with pre-drilled holes in slide. The floor replacement took a few hours, but the slide install was less than 30 minutes. It took more time centering the slide so fridge wouldn’t rub on seat and tailgate. Luckily, it all worked.
Jeep Wrangler JL Fridge and slide review F3A14EBB-A611-4E46-85CA-09533D40ECA7
Jeep Wrangler JL Fridge and slide review 2131A7A4-8F2F-47FF-A7B5-86BA9C5B1F8A
Jeep Wrangler JL Fridge and slide review CBAEBDAF-48CF-4FDE-9A8C-D2D66AFDEB38
Jeep Wrangler JL Fridge and slide review 3E82BC27-BA0D-4C6E-A8B9-C573FA9835E3
Jeep Wrangler JL Fridge and slide review 06A99742-336E-4CA0-8459-2F81CA00B344

dna44

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Cybersecurity Ninja
In for more pics as well if that's possible. I'm looking to do a similar setup to yours OP and my travel habits are similar to yours as well.

Slightly unrelated question - are you using the Front Runner Wolf Pack's to the right of the fridge?

Edit - must have posted this quite literally right when you were posting those pictures above. Thanks!

OP
OP
Bulldown

Bulldown

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, Wolfpack’s on side, 2-GSI chairs next to that.

StingJLUR

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I mounted the slide to the floor. I took out the factory floor, cut a piece of 1/2” Baltic plywood to the shape needed, used the 6 metric hole locations that the tie down brackets used. Picked up a piece of black automotive carpet at Lowe’s and put a door access to the under floor storage. The DFG slide came with 6 screws that were too long. I picked up a 3/4” version of the same screw at my ace hardware. Just screwed to plywood with pre-drilled holes in slide. The floor replacement took a few hours, but the slide install was less than 30 minutes. It took more time centering the slide so fridge wouldn’t rub on seat and tailgate. Luckily, it all worked.
Amazing job. It looks like the factory flooring. Thanks for the pictures!

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
@Bulldown, you said without a charge. Does that fridge have a battery? That's a really nice setup, btw.

I just did a weekend trip with the Snomaster of about the same size and it was just awesome. Ice cold drinks, no wet food, etc. I run mine at night on a Jackery 240, then while driving during the day, the Jeep charges the Jackery, which continues to power the fridge. (charge through). If we stay camped or parked for the day, I hook up a Jackery 60w solar panel which charges it faster than the fridge depletes it.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bulldown

Bulldown

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Amazing job. It looks like the factory flooring. Thanks for the pictures!
If you put a plywood floor in, here is a couple of tricks to help. Find a piece of cardboard and create a template by cutting it with scissors. After you have have your template, shorten length and width by 1/2” to allow for carpet wrapped edges(1/4” on all sides). This way it fits and no binding. Then mark your 6 holes. Cut plywood, grab some shorter metric screws for mounting to tie-down holes. Install without carpet first. If everything fits, proceed to carpet. Wrap carpet over edge and 2-3” on bottom, staple and you are good to go.

OP
OP
Bulldown

Bulldown

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Bulldown, you said without a charge. Does that fridge have a battery? That's a really nice setup, btw.

I just did a weekend trip with the Snomaster of about the same size and it was just awesome. Ice cold drinks, no wet food, etc. I run mine at night on a Jackery 240, then while driving during the day, the Jeep charges the Jackery, which continues to power the fridge. (charge through). If we stay camped or parked for the day, I hook up a Jackery 60w solar panel which charges it faster than the fridge depletes it.
No battery, it runs on Jeep stock battery. Just couldn’t believe that the fridge ran on Jeep battery for 20 hours without dropping below the low voltage limits of the fridge and battery. I think that as long as everything is super cold inside, the draw on the battery is minimal. The fridge will turn off if battery gets too low to start. Works awesome!

dna44

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Cybersecurity Ninja
Also interesting to hear. I was talking to a local guy here in town that runs the same fridge with no dual battery setup. I was honestly shocked to find out that I can run a fridge without have to go with a dual battery. With that being said, my paranoia would be at an all time high worrying that I'd come back to my Jeep to a dead battery!

OP
OP
Bulldown

Bulldown

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Also interesting to hear. I was talking to a local guy here in town that runs the same fridge with no dual battery setup. I was honestly shocked to find out that I can run a fridge without have to go with a dual battery. With that being said, my paranoia would be at an all time high worrying that I'd come back to my Jeep to a dead battery!
If I put warm beverages/food in fridge, it will shut off by morning. Once everything is cold, it lasts a long time. I also was worried so I picked up a jump start battery power pack from Costco just in case. It is cheap insurance and is super small. I am confident in the system.

dna44

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Cybersecurity Ninja
If I put warm beverages/food in fridge, it will shut off by morning. Once everything is cold, it lasts a long time. I also was worried so I picked up a jump start battery power pack from Costco just in case. It is cheap insurance and is super small. I am confident in the system.
That's a good idea, I'll likely do the same thing. Thanks for confirming! I'll likely try to get this installed before my trip in September.
Sponsored