Friction Modifier or no? Amsoil

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Where can I find this magic elixir that is AMSOIL? I can't find it at my local NAPA or Wally Mart. If only they had some sort of network of sales people or something...
I've seen various viscosities of said elixir in stock and sold at Ace Hardware.
Sponsored

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

Yeah, Just asked a question about friction modifier and.....well....folks have to get all critical about something. Pretty comical how a thread goes in a direction not intended. Didn't know folks get their panties in a wad over "Amsoil". 😒😂 That's the internet for ya.
Amsoil is what is diving this nation apart! Oilcrats vs Reoilcans

AlgUSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS, 2014 Tundra, 2013 Odyssey, 2002 Civic
Amsoil is what is diving this nation apart! Oilcrats vs Reoilcans
I may have stirred the pot twice over the last few days. To the OP's point, I would use whatever oil they have listed in the manual exactly per spec. I'm sure Amsoil is perfectly fine oil but I just buy whatever they have on the shelf at Wally Mart on-sale (usually Mobil one). I think the last time I filled a diff, I saw Lucas Oil on the shelf and got it. I'm oil brand agnostic.

Bobby Hank

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JL Wrangler Rubicon X 2D
Occupation
Educator
And boys, when are we changing this oil? How many miles/months between?

Sponsored

YJdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 YJ 4.0, 2021 JL Willys Sport
And boys, when are we changing this oil? How many miles/months between?
I personally change my 2021 every year. The LSD in these are not that great. Every year it comes out black and nasty and looks like it has 500,000 miles on it. I change it yearly because it's easy and MAYBE it'll add some years to its life. I don't worry about the front unless it ends up under water for a long time.

Bobby Hank

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JL Wrangler Rubicon X 2D
Occupation
Educator
I personally change my 2021 every year. The LSD in these are not that great. Every year it comes out black and nasty and looks like it has 500,000 miles on it. I change it yearly because it's easy and MAYBE it'll add some years to its life. I don't worry about the front unless it ends up under water for a long time.
My 2013 I drove for 5 years (bought used) over 100k miles and never considered it. Never visited a forum either. Once I bought the 2024 new and saw the price, I came here to learn preventative maintenance strategies, techniques, tips.
2013 never had an issue underneath, but I want to keep my new Jean Louise perfect.
Sponsored