Sponsored

Fresh out of “No Politics” prison and what has changed while I was wrongfully locked up!

OP
OP
Mikester86

Mikester86

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
Definitely a step up color wise. That peppy 2.0 will throw that little thing around. I like the look of the 2 doors a lot, but not practical in my situation.

I gotta ask tho, dealer stock, how bad a bath did you have to take? I'm hoping they paid you what the JLUR was worth.
It was an employee purchase so the price is basically set. As much as he would have liked to save me more money, Jeep had no incentives he could pass along. I bought the 2020 I traded in from him 2 years ago. He was nice enough to order a set of the Mopar All Weather Floor Mats on their dime.

As for the trade in, they gave me 92% of the retail value, because the great shape it’s in. It paid off what I owed plus a little.
Sponsored

Last edited:

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
It was an employee purchase so the price is basically set. As much as he would have liked to save me more money, Jeep had no incentives he could pass along. I bought the 2020 I traded in from his 2 years ago. He was nice enough to order a set of the Mopar All Weather Floor Mats on their dime.

As for the trade in, they gave me 92% of the retail value, because the great shape it’s in. It paid off what I owed plus a little.
Nice. 😁

TX_Ovrlnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Zilver JLURD
Occupation
freethinker
I don't understand window tinting much, and it's really annoying in some traffic conditions where you are trying to see where the other driver's attention is directed. I have sat at 4-way stops where the other driver may have been motioning for me to go ahead, but I couldn't tell for sure because I couldn't even see the other driver. And when you're a pedestrian being able to see where a driver's attention is directed is even more important.
I don’t really equip my rig for the benefit of other motorists or pedestrians. Call me selfish, but tint is nice to have in the TX heat.

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
Traded in our 2020 JLUR for a 2022 JLR. Absolutely loving the 2 door.

Yes, the lack of 2 extra doors and the lesser overall space is an adjustment. But not one that cannot be accomplished.

I say it was meant to be, as I stopped in the dealership for an oil change and saw the 2 door red Rubicon and thought it must have been a customer’s order. I inquired and it was actually dealer inventory. Long story short, picked it up last Thursday.

It’s equipped with everything the JLUR had, plus gorilla glass, Off-road Plus, and Keyless entry. Oh yeah, the big difference is the power plant. The JLR has the 2.0 Turbo and the JLUR had the 3.6.

Happy to be back into the 2 door club.

JLUR:
B91D84F0-B17E-4134-AAC4-5A81EF96C059.jpeg

JLR:
05DB02F3-C026-4EA3-ACAC-E3EDFF9DFD32.jpeg

Don't feel bad, they tossed me in jail for the same reason...

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded in our 2020 JLUR for a 2022 JLR. Absolutely loving the 2 door.

Yes, the lack of 2 extra doors and the lesser overall space is an adjustment. But not one that cannot be accomplished.

I say it was meant to be, as I stopped in the dealership for an oil change and saw the 2 door red Rubicon and thought it must have been a customer’s order. I inquired and it was actually dealer inventory. Long story short, picked it up last Thursday.

It’s equipped with everything the JLUR had, plus gorilla glass, Off-road Plus, and Keyless entry. Oh yeah, the big difference is the power plant. The JLR has the 2.0 Turbo and the JLUR had the 3.6.

Happy to be back into the 2 door club.

JLUR:
B91D84F0-B17E-4134-AAC4-5A81EF96C059.jpeg

JLR:
05DB02F3-C026-4EA3-ACAC-E3EDFF9DFD32.jpeg

Beautiful Jeep!! Welcome to the real Jeep club!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mikester86

Mikester86

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
OP
OP
Mikester86

Mikester86

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
I don’t really equip my rig for the benefit of other motorists or pedestrians. Call me selfish, but tint is nice to have in the TX heat.
Window tint does serve a practical purpose for certain. It does add to the cool factor in more ways than one!

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Apparently, @Mikester86, 40 days and nights of being "locked up" in a Jeep desert gave you time to contemplate deeper truths of our existence. Namely the purity of two doors.
This FTW! Glad you survived your lockup, and you do indeed seem to be making much better choices in life :like:
That is one yummy JLR @Mikester86
Glad you're back, and better than ever!

Old Dogger

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKR, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Retired High level Management.
Nice looking Ride.. 👍

Sponsored

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks! I do like the 2 door look and the nostalgia of it. But I think the “real Jeeps” were produced long ago, lol! These modern machines and their creature comforts are a long way removed from what used to be. https://www.jeep.com/history/1940s.html

Years ago I drove a 'real Jeep' when I was TAD to a communications outpost overseas...No doors, no top, no creature comforts and stiff leaf springs. However the body did have a few 'unique' and 'random' ventilation ports...

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Years ago I drove a 'real Jeep' when I was TAD to a communications outpost overseas...No doors, no top, no creature comforts and stiff leaf springs. However the body did have a few 'unique' and 'random' ventilation ports...
And no angry grills too!

Astro Jeep

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Silver Zynith JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Marine, Full-time Overlander.
@Mikester86 what did you say to go to "No Politics" prison? Inquiring minds want to know. :LOL:

old schooler

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Sting Gray
Congatulations! I am happy for you, I truly am. The 2 doors are amazing especially on fsr and rock climbing. But a 2.0 from a 3.6.. I can never see myself doing that.. If there’s anything I regret its not having the option to get the 392 when I got my 2020 JLUR.

Yes the gas it high right now and a V8 will be unwise, but I will never see myself driving a 2.0 against a 3.6

Cheers and enjoy the new Jeep in good health!
Sponsored