Freedom Panel Safe in Wrangler?

qball2335

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Unlimited JL
After wanting a Wrangler all my life, I finally pulled the trigger. So right now I'm in my overprotective phase of ownership.

My question is, should I be fearful that someone will steal the freedom panels from the back of my locked Wrangler? I am not talking about in a high crime area just the normal suburbs in New Jersey. Would someone really try to climb through the open top for the panels? I think I'm being crazy by not doing it when I park but was curious on others opinions.

thanks!
Sponsored

rockadile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
Most people I know leave them in the back. That being said, there is no rhyme or reason as to when/where/if your car gets broken into and what they will steal. I would suspect most thieves would be looking for easy things to sell, not freedom panels.

Command Line RC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
Do you see a crack lady walking down the street talking to god? If no I think you'll be fine.

I remember when I was at the overprotective stage.....You'll loosen up soon! Have fun with your Jeep Chris!

First Name
antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl wrangler unlimited sport
I live in a high crime neighborhood and i leave My freedom panels off and sometimes even my doors

SPOOF4269

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito 2016 Jeep Cherokee Altitude 2014 Nissan Rogue SV
I leave them in the back all the time when the hardtop is on. Mindset, if someone really wants them then they will take them but that is a big bulky item for someone to take from a vehicle.

Sponsored

cbrenthus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR
Nobody is going to climb in through the roof. If they want them, they'll just break a window and open the doors. For that matter, they can take them almost as easily when they're on as when they're off. Don't sweat it, you're way more likely to deal with bird poop on you dash than them getting stolen ;)