Sponsored

Free oil change, you get what you pay for!

BVGeezer

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU, 1982 FJ40
Occupation
Retired
Took my JLUR in for its first free oil change and tire rotation. A week later the washer fluid light comes on. It was completely empty. Shouldn't that have been checked by the dealer? Also checked tire pressure. It was all over the place, 36-39 psi. I did check the dipstick and it was ok. Comments from JeepCares are welcome.
Sponsored

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT
Many have been getting more than they pay for by 1 quart, better check your oil level.

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
I don't see the issue. They change the oil and filter. There are no warning lights on because your tires are in spec. Next time specifically ask them to perform the services you want. If they still don't, then you've got reason to be upset with them.

I don't know about yours, but my dealer stays swamped with work all day every day.

OP
OP
BVGeezer

BVGeezer

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU, 1982 FJ40
Occupation
Retired
I don't see the issue. They change the oil and filter. There are no warning lights on because your tires are in spec. Next time specifically ask them to perform the services you want. If they still don't, then you've got reason to be upset with them.

I don't know about yours, but my dealer stays swamped with work all day every day.
I beg to differ. When my local yokel mechanic changes the oil, he checks all fluid levels, tire pressure, etc. He is so backed up that I have to make an appointment 2-3 weeks out. So, the "swamped" statement doesn't pass muster with me. I shouldn't have to ask to have fluids checked. That is excusing incompetency. I'm still waiting on a comment from JeepCares...

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
From the time all my offspring learned to drive, I told them it was their / the driver's responsibility to check tire pressures, check windshield washer solution, check amount of fuel in the tank, check to assure windshield /windows were clear, etc., etc...

Geeez, what was I thinking. I should have told them go to a stealership every 5 or 6 months and be sure they do the stuff mentioned.

SeaJay

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 CJ5, 1976 CJ5, 1999 TJ, 2012 JK
Shouldn't YOU be keeping an eye on your own fluid levels? It's not hard to pop the hood once a week to check fluid levels and to double check your tire pressures. Seriously... you're on a Jeep forum complaining that your windshield washer fluid wasn't topped off by someone else??

notsure

First Name
notsure
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
i'm with the others.

free oil change is not a full service fluids, tires check

it's a free oil change

most of the oil change places do the extra as part of their package deal

cjaama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
A 3psi variance in tire pressure and not topping off washer fluid probably won't get a comment from Jeep Cares. I've had my tire pressure increase 3psi because one side of the vehicle was facing the sun.
I wouldn't ever drive a vehicle that was low on washer fluid or with tire pressure that didn't meet my standards and I would assume someone persnickety enough to post a complaint about these things not being addressed by the dealer to operate the same way.

Sponsored

wv18jl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
My washer fluid is Jeeps responsibly?

Tires are within spec but differ a few pounds?

Better call Jeep.

:cwl:

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
When I pull into a gas station, I get so tired waiting for someone to come out and fill my gas tank, that I finally fill it myself.
You should move to the east coast. I think there is a state there that is full service only.

Brett

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
OP, I’m going against the mob and I believe you’re right. Probably most of us CAN change our own oil, refill washer fluid, and know how to check and adjust tire pressure. The problem is that you paid for this service (in the cost of your Jeep) and they undertook performing it, so they’ve got a responsibility to perform the service well. Yes, a full service oil change SHOULD include topping off fluids, rotating tires and adjusting pressures, as well as things like checking brake pads, air filter, and more. Oil change service incudes this and they should have done it. But you’re talking about guys who reportedly overfill the crankcase a full quart so I guess you have to lower your expectations as far as service. Too bad.

Imagine driving out of a Lexus or Mercedes dealership like this. Has it happened? Probably. But it would be unusual and there would be consequences for the tech who’s work was this sloppy. Although your oil change would cost $150.

Last edited:

TA1ton

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I think the confusion here is the difference between an oil change and a full service oil change. The Jeep Wave oil changes don’t seem to be full service. From the terms and conditions on the Jeep Wave website:

MAINTENANCE SERVICES
The Plan may be one or two years in duration. Two-year memberships provide four oil changes and four tire rotations to be used over the term of the membership (24 months). One-year memberships provide two oil changes and two tire rotations to be used over the term of the membership (12 months). These services MUST be performed by a FCA US LLC Dealer and be used by the expiration date of the plan.

They never mention full service...so I’m not sure it’s part of the Jeep Wave program. I understand where OP is coming from...but I just don’t think he has much of a case...
Sponsored