Sponsored

Free Hood QuickLIFT system for one lucky 392 owner! Get rid of that prop rod!

Redline Tuning

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Redline Tuning is pleased to be a sponsor on the JL Wrangler forums and want to confirm fitment of our 100% Bolt-In Hood QuickLIFT system for the Wrangler 392. We are looking for someone in the Detroit Metro area to stop by our shop for a fitment and functionality test. In exchange you will receive a free QuickLIFT PLUS system installed and have your vehicle featured on our website. If you are interested, please contact us via PM. More information about our system is below:

rt-jeep-layout2b-jpg.jpg

Our Quick release end fittings allow you to dis-connect the lower strut mount for full access to your engine.

rt-qr-layout-jpg.jpg

QuickLIFT PLUS features:
* All black powder-coated mounting hardware
* Black e-coated gas springs
* 4 year warranty
available directly from our website here: https://www.redlinetuning.com/product-p/21-20003-02.htm

QuickLIFT ELITE features:
* 316L Stainless Steel gas springs
* 5 year warranty
available directly from our website here: https://www.redlinetuning.com/product-p/21-20003-03.htm

Free shipping in the CON. U.S. on all JL and Gladiator systems using coupon code "JL Wrangler forum" at checkout.

You can watch the video below to see how easy our installation is, the only tool required is a 10mm socket:

To see how the system functions and how easily you can release the gas springs to lean your hood back on the windshield please watch the video below:

Redline Tuning has been developing our Hood QuickLIFT systems for over 20 years and have applications for over 350 unique vehicles, check out our website for your vehicle application.

Please contact us for any questions.
Sponsored

TCS1666

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 GMC Sierra Denali - 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 (ordered) - 2017 GMC Acadia Denali (sold)
Dang, too bad I’m in Indy. Been waiting for these to come out. This hood is HEAVY!!!

definitely keep us posted when the final version is ready though.

graytrucks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 392, 2020 LR Discovery, 2015 RR Sport SC
Any updates on fit and function for the 392? Would love to place an order. Thanks

OP
OP
Redline Tuning

Redline Tuning

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Any updates on fit and function for the 392? Would love to place an order. Thanks
We have a customer that has a 392 and placed an order earlier this week. We are awaiting feedback once installed. đź‘Ť

supermike

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR 6 speed 2021 JLUR 392
I had one of your "premium" JL hood prop on my 18 JL. It can no longer self lifting the hood like it does when freshly out of the box after just couple week of use. It can support the hood however....Just wondering, with the huge weight of that steel hood and air ducts, how can your prop keep up with it...

Last edited:

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I had one of your "premium" JL hood prop on my 18 JL. It can no longer self lifting the hood like it does when freshly out of the box after just couple week of use. It can support the hood however....Just wondering, with the huge weight of that steel hood and air ducts, how can your prop keep up with it...
@supermike

IF you had such an issue with your JL and the Redline Tuning offering, you should have contacted Redline as you undoubtedly had problematic struts. Redline Tuning would have replaced the struts..... their Customer Service / Warranty is above average.

I've been running the Redline Tuning hood lift offering on my 2018 JL Rubi, since 7/26/19 and over 40,000 miles and the hood gets opened at least a couple of times everyday and not once has the Redline Tuning hood lift offering failed to lift the hood. The struts today, almost two years since their install, lift the hood easily, just like they did on install day.

As for the steel hoods and their being heavier... Redline Tuning, will be providing a lets call it beefier set of struts. They already do this for Euro hoods and hoods for the Mojave.

supermike

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR 6 speed 2021 JLUR 392
@supermike

IF you had such an issue with your JL and the Redline Tuning offering, you should have contacted Redline as you undoubtedly had problematic struts. Redline Tuning would have replaced the struts..... their Customer Service / Warranty is above average.

I've been running the Redline Tuning hood lift offering on my 2018 JL Rubi, since 7/26/19 and over 40,000 miles and the hood gets opened at least a couple of times everyday and not once has the Redline Tuning hood lift offering failed to lift the hood. The struts today, almost two years since their install, lift the hood easily, just like they did on install day.

As for the steel hoods and their being heavier... Redline Tuning, will be providing a lets call it beefier set of struts. They already do this for Euro hoods and hoods for the Mojave.
Thanks for letting me know yours are working fine. It far exceeded my expectation anyway, and good to know they have strong customer service. I would defiantly get it once I got my 392.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Mine have only been installed about a week and on a recent 1200 mile trip I opened the hood every-time I got gas and they worked flawlessly

OP
OP
Redline Tuning

Redline Tuning

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Hello Mike,
If you are have a problem with any of our products, please contact us an we will take care of the issue. Our ELITE series carry a 5 year warranty.

As far as the heavier 392 Hood, we have sent out a system to a customer who has already taken delivery of his 392 and are awaiting feedback from him as to the lifting force of the gas springs we provided. That being said, we do have higher force gas springs available if the lifting force is not sufficient.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I had the opportunity to look over quite closely a 392 that was on display at Jeep Beach 2021.

The guy/kid watching over the 392, let me open the hood on it myself.

YUP, quite heavy and to me seemed a bit heavier then the Mojave hood.

The 392, has a whole chitt load and I mean a chitt load of plastics fastened onto the inner hood. Plastic directs air and water coming in from the hood scoops.

Anyway, a heavy hood.... but I'm confident that @Redline Tuning will have have sturts that can deal with the hood.

Sponsored

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I hope mine continue to work this well

TCS1666

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 GMC Sierra Denali - 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 (ordered) - 2017 GMC Acadia Denali (sold)
YUP, quite heavy and to me seemed a bit heavier then the Mojave hood.
The US version Mojave hood is aluminum just like the rest of the US JLs with the exception of the 392. It has the Euro Mojave hood which is steel. Or at least that is what I've been told...

OP
OP
Redline Tuning

Redline Tuning

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
The US version Mojave hood is aluminum just like the rest of the US JLs with the exception of the 392. It has the Euro Mojave hood which is steel. Or at least that is what I've been told...
Actually ALL Mojave hoods are steel for both domestic and export JLs. đź‘Ť

OP
OP
Redline Tuning

Redline Tuning

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Thanks to some very help members of this forum, our system for the Rubicon 392 is now available!
Jeep Wrangler JL Free Hood QuickLIFT system for one lucky 392 owner!  Get rid of that prop rod! 21-20007-02-2

QuickLIFT PLUS features:
* Black e-coated gas springs
* 4 year warranty
available directly from our website here: https://www.redlinetuning.com/product-p/21-20007-02.htm

QuickLIFT ELITE features:
* 316L Stainless Steel gas springs
* 5 year warranty
available directly from our website here: https://www.redlinetuning.com/product-p/21-20007-03.htm

Membrain

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR / '21 XR392
Occupation
Engineer
Are you using the Mojave struts or a set with greater pressure?
I ask as I ordered the Mojave set pending delivery of my 392.
I have your Mojave set but still not yet the 392

Do I need to reorder for the 392?
Sponsored